1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Easy answer: Seiko 007 or a 009. Japanese manufacturer. Waaaaay under $1000.

Best watch out there if you want to go cheap and still have a watch nerd go full retard at what you're wearing.

This IS my next watch. I want one so bad it makes my pee pee hard. :)

2. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Looks nice. Whats the difference between 07 and 09?

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Short answer (the Seiko expects will expand) not a lot from my limited research. The bezel and the color of the face.

It's a watch you toss the band and start building what YOU want. I forget the code for the movement (Japan VS where ever) but there is one you want over the other.

Really, the Seiko geeks can run with this, I know Rolex Subs (or used to) and IWCs, when I go to get my Seiko the questions will be here. :)

Alex_V likes this.
  5. ton

ton Arf!

difference is actually really simple: looks.
    technically, they're the same watch. 007 has a black dial and bezel, 009 has a blue dial and "pepsi" bezel.

https://iknowwatches.com/seiko-skx007-vs-skx009/

6. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Ordered me a 009 with a canvas strap to go with it. Pretty excited.

j cal, ton and NemesisR6 like this.
  7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I got this last year from Island Watch with the strapcode band. This has become my daily do everything watch.

Love it!

FWIW, Island Watch has a line of custom 007's with different faces, bezels and some other modifications. https://www.longislandwatch.com/Islander_Watches_s/2006.htm

FB_IMG_1594385158294.jpg

tony 340, j cal and cha0s#242 like this.
  8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Good choice. I ran one daily on a OD green NATO for while> May have to pull that one back out...

9. ChemGuy

Nice. You'll enjoy.

I like Island. They are authorized seiko dealer. I had a samurai i bought from them a couple years ago get some water while diving with it (yes i actually dive with a "dive watch") and it was repaired under warranty since Island is a dealer and not gray market for Seiko.

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

11. Jedb

two. :D

The 07 has a black bezel with a black dial
    The 09 has a pepsi bezel (red/blue) with a blue dial.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been wearing my Luminox lately. Only issue is got a black one and the black has worn off where it rests on the desk/counter when I'm typing.

13. Jedb

On the wrist today: Vintage Seiko 6117-6400 GMT/World-timer. First released in 1964 to coincide with the Tokyo olympics.
    Allows for two time zones with the outer bezel and the hour/minute hand.
    The only non-original part is the crystal. I had a sapphire crystal put in to increase wearability.

@JBraun This was one of the ones Mike worked on. Great work!
    IMG_4219.jpg

j cal, SteveThompson, JBraun and 2 others like this.
  14. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Just got the lamest watch ever..an Apple Watch. Picked it up used just to use on my mountain bike and dirt bike for all the health stuff. Been wearing it today just to see what all the hype was about and I am somewhat of an Apple dork but I don't really get it for most situations. The one I got is cellular too so its nice that I don't have to take my phone on a ride but using it to reply to anything is annoying AF so its basically a glorified notifications device.

15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I'm only a few weeks into wearing this (didn't officially put it on my wrist until my 40th birthday), but man did it feel good to have it on today while watching our boys return home after a successful mission.

To the beginning of a new era for America's space journey.....

IMG_3544.jpg

j cal, Spooner, RichB and 6 others like this.
  16. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

That movement looks great! Good call on the sandwich.

17. Jedb

Part of the Seiko Fleet is going in for service.

Seiko Jumbo, Seiko Monaco Tank, Seiko Pogue x2.

IMG_4345.jpg

Attached Files:

18. Jedb

How goes the progress @SteveThompson ??

19. ChemGuy

where you sending them? I have a couple i need to have cleaned up.

20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Jedb likes this.