1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Problem! Help Please!

Discussion in 'General' started by Lever, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Lever, whether that bike is running or not, get your ass up to VIR. And hey, do you want to sell that track day?

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I think he might need to learn how to remove his engine this weekend.

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Bill Weidner is to Reno Leoni
    as
    Jeff Jennings is to Eraldo Ferracci
    as
    Jeff Lever is to Darrin Talbott

:D :D :D :D :D

4. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

Jeff, take this with a grain of salt, BUT financing a bike, just to completely destroy it within a year (or less) is rather foolish.

If you have to race, start robbing banks, but racing on credit is gonna bite you**

** unless you make $225k a year and have a hot Dell chick! :D

Kinsey! Out!?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jeff, let's organize a raffle. you put up your Honder and we'll see 3000 ticket for $10 per. A 50/50 split? Second price will be a power commander and a track day with Dan. Third gets the person beaned with a rock.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I thought second prize was two Honduhs he worked on???

:D

7. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Are you positive it's the bearing? Aren't Hondas notorious for munching Cam Chain tensioners. I'd check the Cam Chain's tension real quick and see if maybe you luck out and it's just the CCT. :(

Sorry, to hear about this though. Man you've got horrible luck with that bike. My F2 gave me these sorts of problems so I sold it dirt cheap to some buddies. Wouldn't you know they got it all fixed in a day. :rolleyes:

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

We think it might be his ignition advancer that's hitting something. That would make sense as far as it breaking up.

9. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

So what you're saying is that it ran pretty good before he installed the ignition advancer and the jet kit?

:D

J/K.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

He said you helped him;)

11. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Uhhhh if thats true. Thats some funny shiz.:D :D

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Stay tuned for further updates:p

13. lil_kim

lil_kim Well-Known Member

hey Doublrs will you undress...MY bike too? i need to flush my brakes, do an oil change, put on a new 520sproket/chain, another set of tires, new gas, and try to get some of the moisture buildup outta the bike. SO.....Jeff, lesss just get us some beer, a lounge chair, and watch the man do his thing...:D

14. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

Did I miss the post that said what kind of work was done to this engine?

Is it completely stock?

Was it put back together correctly?

If stock, is the timing correct, if the timing is correct then there shouldn’t be anything hitting?

Did he throw a rocker for the cam. I have had that happen to me, and it scared the living sht out of me. I was lucky and it was a simple fix.

Is the cam chain loose? That cam make some serious clanking noises.

Are the valve clearances correct? That can make some serious ticking noises.

If it was a bearing there would likely be serious loss of power above idle. Also, the crankshaft could be toast if that was the case. This will be a disaster.

Pull the valve cover and hope it is the cam chain tensioner.

The valve timing and a lose cam chain can make VERY scary noises, and can be catastrophic if not taken care of. However, the bright side is these are merely maintenance items. You just need to know how to take care of them.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  15. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

LOL, i cant believe this made it to page 3 before someone mentioned this. If its a honda, chances are the FIRST thing to start rattling is the tensioner. Easy fix as well.

and BTW, WTF is Gawd???

16. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

Hey, hey, easy! I helped him with the helicoils, steering damper, wiring, radiator and chain/sprockets install.

I'm askeered of carbs and jet kits and ignition advancers.

17. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

18. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

UPDATE...

My back is freakin killin me...anybody got a back brace and some icy hot...ok...seriously....

Pulled Carbs & Headers...looking at valves, all look ok...as far as correct position goes...i'm not entirely sure..but they all appear to be functioning normally when i turn it over...

When i hit the starter...the big pinging is gone, however it has been replaced by a sound like someone clicking there tongue against the bottom of their mouth...it is difficult to tell whether it is coming from all four cyclinders..in which case thats good or just the one...it sounds more like all four cylinders...however it also sounds like it would be a metal object hitting inside a cyclinder...only it sounds like a vaccumm pop as opposed to metal hitting metal

Oh..and earlier...it wouldn't ping when it was idling..only after 5k rpm

19. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

oh...

and if anyone wants to call me to get a little bit better details my number is 704-287-9990:D

I haven't eaten all day so it's time to go get some grub....:eek:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  20. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

They're going to give me credit towards the next track day of my choice i think...you want to pay face value?