1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

BigBird and OldSchlPunk like this.
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I'm betting between 10 and 20 k from the departing airport for the crash.....

3. Quicktoy

Price is right rules?

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Shit if I know, I haven't watched that in gdjth years....

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I don't pray, but if I did it would be God rest his soul.

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. rwdfun

rwdfun

This guy is probably dead already. Those 737s are dropping from the sky all the time.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I know right?

taxi’ing to the gate…fairly uneventful. Cabin is a bit quieter than the older 737s ;)

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. rwdfun

rwdfun

Wow they get good enough service in the afterlife to post on the beeb? RIP

BigBird, Steak Travis and Quicktoy like this.
  9. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

While I'm not a fan of the max, design and systems which can now be disengaged, it will most likely be a uneventful flight.

10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Couldn't the runaway trim be disengaged before the Lion air and Ethiopian crash?

Not getting into "should have those two planes crashed" but rather I thought the MCAS or whatever could be disengaged before.

The citation that just crashed at Smryna has got people scratching their heads. From what I've heard it sounds to me like it was a flight that needed a pro pilot on board vs someone that's not necessary bad, but it's not his day job and a single pilot in a jet can get sideways fast.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yep.

Runaway Trim Checklist:
    Pull breaker
    Fly The Damn Airplane

12. ChemGuy

Have you heard the audio with ATC? They seemed to loose SA very quickly and were not answering ATC unless they called them several times.
    I thought I heard some alarms in the background of some of the transmissions they made to ATC.

RIP.

13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah people think they were the ignitors. The Tower guy is a nice dude and he didn't do anything wrong and actually corrected them when they said the wrong Altitude prior to take off but still sucks to be working when something like that happens. MQY tower and I have a great working relationship. I enjoy flying with those guys.

Sad deal all the way around

14. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Not all pilots were trained to be suspect of the mcas system and it wasn't just trim. This aircraft has different stall characteristics due to the way they designed the wing/inlet at the powerplant. So pull breakers and exceed those limits...your in a fight.

BigBird likes this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

wheres the phone/tablet holder feature the new units have? That was kind of nice... especially when the rows infront all have media cranking. :)

16. ChemGuy

If the plane keeps trimming itself when you dont want it to. Its runaway trim. Follow the memory items/checklist and go from there.

And yes Boeing should have trained pilots on the MCAS and what it does.

17. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

I flew on a couple max 8 planes this weekend... on southwest

That's all I have......

18. Quicktoy

And you lived to talk about it? You need a beer sir.

BigBird likes this.
  19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

He hasn't posted since......

20. Quicktoy

He said he had flown on them in the past so this was his post since...