1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

The report shows that they they lost 9000 ft in about 20 seconds putting their rate of descent at over 26,000 fpm. 307 knots is about 353 mph

was climbing through 10,600 feet at 284 knots over ground at 07:39:50Z about 11nm north of Sokarno Airport and was at 07:40:11Z at 1400 feet at 307 knots over ground about 1.6nm northnortheast of that position (average sink rate 26,300 fpm)

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Flying is much easier and less scary than buying a business, you will be fine, you big pussy!!!!:D

3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I can control the buying the business part. I cant control a plane. I gotta trust someone else. I have issues with that. Lol. Trust me I'm one big puss when it comes to my two biggest fears, height and flying. Fuck me,I'm sweating thinking about it.

beac83, Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

First ever, like in your life? Where are you going?

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Best part of flying? Knowing that if the plane crashes, it wasn’t your fault ;)

ducnut and BigBird like this.
  6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

What if I had my tray table down AND my seat reclined?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Ha. I used to be regional airline n fractional pilot so it WOULD have been my fault.

The worst part of flying is the TSA enema. The plane ride itself is just like being in a cramped bus.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You trying to get Mongo deplatformed with this kind of irresponsible post? :Poke:

Knotcher likes this.
  9. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I think there is a good chance the latest crash was terrorism. Over the past month Indonesian police have been raiding a lot of terrorists including catching one of those involved in the 2002 Bali attack. Probably figured now was the time to make something happen before they too get rolled up.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its the most populous Muslim country on the planet, so there's definitely a good chance.

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yes! First ever in my 38 yrs on earth. Me and the offspring are headed to the herrin compound so he can do some riding.

beac83, BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not quite. He was just released from prison at the end of his sentence.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and if you go down, someone is getting Millions. That was my retirement plan for a few years when I was doing 40 or 50 flights a year: Planes crashes and told Sam to call a lawyer before she even calls anyone or post on the BBS to tell 'em I'm dead. :crackup:

Dude, I've flown enough that one year I spent more time in the actual air then in an office. Had a few "situations" but never anything that a beer and a couple of smokes after didn't cure. :)
    Nut up, Junior, There are more important things to be afraid of over flying, like your kid spanking you at Herrin's. :)

BigBird likes this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Wow. I can't exactly wrap my head around that, being a military brat and on a plane at three years old, and who knows how many times since in my 55 years on Earth. So I was curious what would induce you to white knuckle it somewhere lol. That sounds well worth it! Good luck and breathe, breathe...

:)

BigBird and assjuice cyrus like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I thought I was a late bloomer at 24 crossing the threshold for the first time.

Had the oldest in a helicopter at 3, and the youngest in an A320 at 3.

Since road travel is my preferred method, they might not get on one again until they fund their own damn trips! :D

BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think I was 26/27 before I finally landed in one.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

What did you do before that, just take off and jump out at some point ? :D

turbulence likes this.
  18. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad. Im nearly 50 and I've never flown anywhere.

19. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I was 21 for first flight in 1974. Flew out of the Phillipsburg PA "airport" on a Beech 99(?) twin prop to NJ for a job interview. There were 10 of us seniors going to a group job interview in NJ. The Beech had 2 rows of "jump" seats and the pilot's cabin just had a curtain that closed it off from the cabin if it was closed (it wasn't). The Phillipsburg runway is on top of a mountain and you take off kinda like going off an aircraft carrier. Anyways, we're parked at the end of the runway, the pilot's got the damn thing rev'd up all to beejesus. The thing is vibrating all to hell and back. There's a red light just flashing real bright on the dash board! We're all looking and thinking WTF! The co-pilot says, "Hey Joe, what's that red light for? and he says..."don't know but it's too late to worry about that now!"....and off we go! You swoop out and kinda down until you pick up enough speed to climb out. Damn!!! The red light was to tell them the brakes were applied....Joke was on us. :eek:

tl1098, Yzasserina and Boman Forklift like this.