1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Only once when I was 19, but I got a lot of miles out of the lame "never landed in one" joke for a few years :D Still only "flown" once. I'm not a good passenger...

First time I "flew" I was jammed up against the dash of a Cessna (I think) with my head cocked sideways so the other yoke could pass by my head. Guy in front of me had my parachute :D. We made 2 passes at takeoff, then had to ditch a cameraman because we were too heavy and couldn't climb. On the second attempt I nervously joked "good thing we got parachutes" and the pilot looked over at me and said "they won't do shit this low". That was really confidence inspiring... We got rid of the camera man, and climbed just fine to jumping altitude. My buddy at the back jumped first, then It was my turn to shimmy over to the open window so I could get hooked up to the tandem guy. My feet hanging out the window and my fingers denting the fuselage as he hooked me up. We went over a cloud as he yelled "Cool a cloud. We're not supposed to jump through clouds, but don't worry. I'm real fucking gooooooooood" as we fell out of the plane. Fun times....

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    turbulence and scottn like this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I had some friends in my jump class at Ft Benning that made 5 takeoffs in a plane before they ever landed in plane. They used the "side door" and big round nylon thingy to land in a field.

It didnt bother me...I started flying on my own (unaccompanied minor) when I was 4 1/2.

3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Thanks.

We grew up extremely poor and couldn't ever think about going somewhere on a plane. Hell, the farthest I've travel in a car before our barber trip this year to the gnf,was an 8 hr drive to Tennessee 20 yrs ago with some friends.

Don't know why I have a fear of it, but it's hard for me to even look in the sky at one.

But, I said. I can't have him missing out on some awesome opportunities just because his dad is a bitch!. Trust me if he could go and I could stay, I wouldn't blink an eye and I would keep my fat ass on the ground. o_O

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Nice knowing ya!

5. assjuice cyrus

Fuck man. I'm serious when I say that's not helping at ALL!!:mad:

motion likes this.
  6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Reported.

mpusch, motion and pickled egg like this.
  7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well done you. :clap:

Gino230 likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

This is just a sign of how far you've come in life.

Congrats!!

~sent from mobile

assjuice cyrus and Photo like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So, I guess no Red Bull Rookies cup qualifier for you guys when he is old enough?

We didn’t go either, when some friends did, but not because I was a afraid. :D I just didn’t think I could really swing it financially if he did make it.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Not interested in going anywhere you can't drive? Opportunity? Fear of flying?

11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Apparently I've been flying for 99% of my life: first flight at 9 months when we moved to Alaska in 1971, then a couple of flights between then and 1976. Nothing else until I was 15, then pretty much once a year or more since then. Every two weeks for work for a few months 20 years ago, and no issues that I didn't survive. I think.

Flying is incredibly safe in the US. 1st world airlines = 1st class planes (comparatively). 3rd world planes = 3rd class airlines. If you are departing and arriving in the US you will have no problems except your nerves. Stay cool and it will be cool. Don't drink alcohol until you arrive. No coffee either. Stay relaxed in front of your son and you will both have a blast.

Tell the flight crew your story and ask for a pair of wings for yourself and your son, you earned them!

12. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Yes

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol. Alrighty!

14. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

No... I could I suppose go somewhere but im happy where I am. Im a bit of a control freak.... i don't like roller coasters either. People say ....oh you raced motorcycles why do roller coasters bother you? Cause I ain't drivin.

beac83 and tl1098 like this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You know who you are and you know what you like. And that's it. :)

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  16. assjuice cyrus

Yea, I'd say no! Not sure the bang for buck is there. I feel unless you go there and dominate, I feel the money could be better well spent doing other things in racing as family. But, I'm just learning this kids game side of things. So never say never I guess.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. assjuice cyrus

O yea for sure. Doesn't mean I'm better then anybody, but I still drive past my old house I grew up in, just to remind my self that I have done ok in this crazy world. I think alot of us need to step back and realize how far we all have came in this crazy messed up world.

cBJr, Gino230 and BigBird like this.
  18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Watch Airplane before you go. :)

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My mom was well into her 60s (maybe 70s) before she EVER flew. 6 hour drive or 8 hours with airport shit and flying, she chose to fly. Terrified of the flight but she was just too mean to drive.

Once she flew once, it was in her blood. every year I'd buy her a round about flight from scranton, Allentown or Stewart to no where and back in the same day or next. :)

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

You’re about to be on a high performance marvel. Enjoy it, flying through the air isn’t something many people have gotten to do in history .

im taking up 3 people this week for their first flights in small planes. It’s been fun talking with them and seeing how excited they are . All first lessons for their private pilot license

Gino230, Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.