1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Agree, but can’t deny the message sent when POTUS takes action for the people.

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

"Follow the money"

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If it's a Boeing, they can get it done through the FAA.
    Accountants, maybe. Lawyers would probably have been the first ones internally to recommend grounding the airplanes. Imagine if one of them went down in the US between the time they got grounded all around the world and the implementation of a solution by Boeing.
    Like I said, you need more information on this.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Correct.....its the 787 you are thinking of. It has been grounded in the past for issues its had.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_787_Dreamliner_battery_problems#Groundings

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Why would an air carrier be hesitant to provide or share the “crash information” to Boeing or the FAA. I realize neither have jurisdiction or what not but, wouldn’t you want all the assistance available. ? Seems like the more help, the better.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Banditracer likes this.
  6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Maybe they don’t the information out in the public, assuming it’s shared with the FAA, or maybe airline really frogged up maintenance, training, , etc. and the also don’t the information to be shared...

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

And if you guys think it's weird to have an 11page aviation discussion on a motorcycle racing board....you should see the GOAT discussions on the pilot boards.

Even guys who've only ever ridden a vespa know Rossi is the goat and MM needs 10-15 more yes to even be considered in that discussion

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

As a occasional passenger in these Boeings, I'm kind of happy to hear their hatred is shared across the whole length of the bird...

MGM likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The airline, like Boeing, is probably worried that they could be found responsible. They both have an incentive to get the finger pointed at the other party. So there is obviously going to be a lot of mistrust.

By the way, you guys keep saying the FAA is being refused access to the information. This is the part of the process that is handled by the NTSB, not the FAA.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Now let's not let bold faced facts get in the way of a good Beeb conspiracy theory.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

oh No conspiracy theory here. Just trying to understand responsibilities etc. :).

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

After doing a little reading-up on the plane I'm not sure
    that grounding them all is required. It sounds like pilot
    error on two small carriers and we know one pilot had
    woefully few hours of flight time.
    There are quite a few of these planes out there that have
    been operating without crashing for quite a while.
    They are making a big deal about a few complaints from
    other pilots but most seem to be flying it with no problem.
    Sounds like a training problem, not an equipment problem.

Gino230 likes this.
  13. speedluvn

Curious, won't Boeing have a representaive at the site to"observe" the investigation? Both the Lion air as well as the Ethopian incident. Anyone?

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Right you are, I used to think the NTSB was a division of the FAA. When I stop to think about it tough, they also investigate train accidents too....

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'd hardly call either small carriers. Lionair is regional with around 150 plans and Ethiopian Airlines has over 100 which around 50 are long range 777, 787, A350. These are not small airlines.

16. speedluvn

I knew after you caught up in your research, we'd see eye to eye. :Poke: It appears that hiring, as well as, training practices are the issues here.

Now my question is who is/should be responsible for the training? This trim issue is seemingly being handled routinely by "some" pilots while causing major issue for others.

17. The US has had investigators on the ground in Ethiopia since right after the accident. I’m sure Boeing representatives are there too.

18. speedluvn

Now is that because it was an American company, Boeing? If it wasn't an American plane there would have been no reason for the NTSB to be there, UNLESS they were invited by the country where the crash occurred?

19. Have you contacted the NTSB and Boeing with your expert opinion? I’m sure they’ll be happy to hear it, especially when you share with them that the Max-8, which has been in service for less than two years, has been „operating without crashing for quite a while.“

20. The first word in NTSB is „National.“