1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

What's a little space among friends?

2. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I work for an airline who flies 777's and I never heard of any being grounded.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Since Trump ordered the plane grounded in the US, the point is now moot. I highly doubt the French are worried much about their tires, engines perhaps a little but certainly no where near as much as competition for Airbus.

4. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Laboratory Corporation of America is the nation's premier clinical and anatomic testing laboratory. If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, connect to LabCorp. Connect to something amazing.

We currently have an opening for a full time Pilot-Turboprop. This job involves the following responsibilities:

• Acts as Pilot-in-Command (P.I.C.) on both company owned/operated and rental aircraft as applicable.
    • Adheres to the rules and regulations of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and company policy as applicable.
    • Retrieves and delivers medical specimens, freight, and personnel on both a scheduled and unscheduled basis as applicable.
    • Moderate physical effort (up to 30 pounds); must comply with applicable safety procedures

Requirements:
    License/Certification/Education: Meet Federal Aviation Licensing Standards and Requirements w/3-5 years of experience. Must have a Commercial Pilot Certificate -- with an Airplane Class rating and an Instrument Rating.

Minimum Required Skills/Experience:

• 1250 Hours Total Flying Time
    • 200 Hours, PIC in Fixed Wind Aircraft with +200 Horsepower
    • Single-engine/Multi-engine/Complex aircraft experience
    Preferred Skills/Experience:

• 2500 Hours Total Flying Time
    • 200 Hours, PIC in Turboprop
    • Multi-engine rating
    • ATP (Airline Transportation Pilot) Certificate
    • Pilatus PC12 experience

Company Benefits:
    We offer some notable advantages:

• I-Pads for Charting
    • Competitive Compensation
    • Great Team work environment
    • Outstanding equipment
    • Excellent Company Benefits

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

In this day and age of satellites and cloud capability, it baffles me why the only copy of the data is stored on a physical device that is prone to loss/damage.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

well you didn't spell his name correctly either :crackup:

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It was phonetic.

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You do know that they just don't go down the local aircraft store and buy a plane off the lot? These things are ordered years in advance, this should be sorted out well before it starts to affect sales, if not that's on Boeing.

9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I'm just spitballing here but I wonder if there are concerns that someone could intercept the transmissions, decode them and mastermind some sort of terrorist plot.

10. I think you’re giving his paranoid fantasy way too much credence by calling it a „theory“. :D

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

PC12. Mmmmm

I used to work with the guy that started Fore Flight and is now CEO.

12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

$$$. As in too much of it to bother given the comparatively minimal risk that the data won’t be recovered.

13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Jason has a TBM900 now. He seems like a really nice guy.

Also, I'm an ATP and have nothing to add. :)

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Not Jason, Tyson. He was my team lead at BenefitFocus years ago. He hit a homer. He also flipped a plan while learning. Ran off the runway and over she went. I put an upside down plan on his desk the next morning.

Shawn Jenkins at BF had a SR22 that he used to fly. Our CIO had a Mooney. Tyson and I worked under the CIO.

SteveThompson likes this.
  15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

None.
    Dont want any either.
    And I still think having unlinked side sticks is goofy

16. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Coming from a strictly Boeing background, I never wanted anything to do with the Airbus. Didn’t like it’s design philosophy, etc.. Then I spent a few years in both seats on it.

It’s a damn nice place to work. I’m back in the 737 now and would like to ask Boeing at what point they decided they hated pilots. It’s like doing trans-cons in a porta-potty.

ChemGuy likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

787 then. I remember one of them being grounded for a while due to fire issues. Point being, Boeing has the capability to call for a grounding outside of what the FFA does.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I could be rotten and blame autocorrect...

But nah.

It might have even been intentional. ;)

19. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

2 great things about the Airbus, the tray table for lunch, and the comfy seats...

MGM likes this.
  20. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Didn't really matter in this case, everyone else had already grounded them. :D