1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement of Pulsejet Project combustor construction phase completion!!

Discussion in 'General' started by E=MC2, Dec 2, 2006.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Telling Ceasar he had his head up his ass because he was a little kid at the time and didn't understand defies comprehension. Little kids don't drive, either.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

"It takes a village to raise a child." ;)

3. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but he's not a child any more is he? Many unfriendly things happen to people when they are children. Not all of them harbor fear and resentment into adulthood. Was he really trying to justify anti-semitism because some crazy ass ultra-orthodox threw rocks at him as he drove through thier neighborhood on the sabbath?

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Me thinks he was just stating that it's across the board.

Lighten up Frances....:up:

5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

From my limited experience with pulse jets, getting one to run correctly can be somewhat difficult. It sounds like you have done your homework so maybe you will have better success than the folks I know that have tried.

I built a turbo-jet engine in college for a class project. It wasn't very pretty but it ran great. We used a turbo charger for the compressor and turbine and used propane as fuel.

6. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

My apologies. To elaborate, they threw rocks at us as we were walking to and from the bus stop. They beat us up on the school bus during the week. The holy Sabbath is on Saturday, as best as I can recall, not during the week. It would have been easy for them to tell whether we were Jewish or not; we didn't wear yamulkahs.

I was 6 years old and going to the first grade when all this happened. At that age, I thought there were only 2 religions, Jewish and Catholic. Didn't note any differences between the two.

I am not anti-semitic. The greatest mentor in my life happened to be Jewish. I had even considered converting at one time because most of my friends happened to also be Jewish. My point here is that ignorance knows no racial or ethnic boundaries.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

It wasn't personal...... Well neither are the rockets comming out of Gaza by that rationale.

8. John29

Line up a jewish baby in a diaper with a muslim arab baby in a diaper with a christian arab baby in a diaper and tell me which one is which. Put them in a playpen together and see what happens.

They have to be taught to hate each other, and to be violent toward each other, all justified in The Name Of God.

9. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Post of the thread!!!

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The Christian baby is wearing Pampers.:D

11. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

I've studied these for a few years and have just now been able to get one made. The acoustics of the engine is very key and with new tools such as U-Flow and some more modern accoustic equipment the pulsejet community has been able to move away from the low effecieny '60s era pulsejets. The most popular of valveless pj's being the Lockwood-Hiller 55lbs. thrust actually runs quite well (ineffeciently), but a lot of people who build them don't build them properly or have proper fuel injectors.

The thing about turbo-jets is that they are expensive, heavy, and while they sound very powerful they dont make all that much thust. Eventually I want to fit this jet to a pocketbike, maybe take it to the salt flats :D it'd get going up to about 100mph if you let it get up there, maybe more.

12. John29

$20 toward getting the kid on a pocketbike fitted with a pulse jet at Bonneville, preferably Rollie-Free style!

13. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

...and no brakes. :D

14. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

...at the end that stops being flat...

15. skeesm

skeesm Well-Known Member

I would suspect it's more in line with F1 rules. But first we need some sort of energy and/or mechanical motion conversion. pity the poor guy out tailing this thing out of a turn though. First there was the Flamethrower, and then for an encore we now have the Incinerator! :D

16. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with that. We weren't trying to get any work out of ours, just make it run. We pretty much just bolted and welded some stuff together and it worked.

I don't think I would want to go that fast on a pocket bike. I would choose something with bigger wheels that will be more stable.

17. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

it increases the sensation of speed, I'm closer to the ground if i fall, and I've already got a pocketbike chassis.

The turbo-jet sounds way cooler than the puslejet. the pulsejet is like 120-150dB and is at a frequency of 90-180hz. Getting close to some of the big ones will make you sick from all the heat and sound.

18. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

There are only 10 kids: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

19. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Wera74 - thanks for clarifying and sorry. It sucks you were attacked and there is no reasonable justification
    John - True that about the babies and I'll go even further with that thought. When a child presents himself as having racist opinions and before those opinions are fully formed and set in the concrete that makes up most adults minds, don't you think it may be a good idea to try and guide that child away from such a hate filled adulthood? All valuable education isn't found in class.
    E=mc2, the boy genius, clearly you have a lot to offer the world technically. If you are antisemetic or otherwise racist have the courage of your convictions to say so, here, now. If not than try to understand why your previous comments are offensive to some and your "deal with it" attitude should be offensive to all.

20. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

i'm not racist or anit-semetic or any of that. it wasnt a joke made with malicious intent. it's not like i'm in someone's face saying stuff about them. I'm sorry if anyone was offended or whatever, because of something they read....
    I'm sure a good bit of people getting on my case about some little joke have made offensive jokes themselves, so i'll take their advice with a grain salt and let them wallow in their hipocrisy.

(BTW, I respect dDT and his advice)