1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Prime sure does suck these days

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, May 27, 2020.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Average of 10 days from order time to arrival here in Montana. Nothing less than 6 days. Not sure why I'm paying $119 per year for Prime. Not happy at all.... I've resorted to buying stuff from Ebay to get it here quicker. #firstworldproblemsrant

CR750, DrA5, Rebel635 and 5 others like this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am still getting stuff generally 2-3 days if the product is labeled Prime.

The stuff that isn't eligible for Prime is all over the map for delivery dates. Some comes quickly and some is like a month out.

3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah wtf. Prime regrats! badtardos.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They warned everyone at the beginning of this crap that they'd be prioritizing shipments so some stuff wouldn't be the normal 2 days. That being said it's getting better as more places get back to normal and the hoarding has calmed down.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Walmart.com is faster.

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Same day pickup at walmart or next day delivery

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Prime has been a slo-mo for sure but they're recovering here of recent.

8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’m not sure I’ll renew my Prime membership. Only basic shit is 2-day ship anymore for me, and the streaming service is hot garbage for the most part. I’m finding that target or specialty sites are usually cheaper or at least close in price and they ship out just as quick.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I wanted to go to Wally World I wouldn't have Prime :D

10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Shipping with all the major companies had gone to Hell in the last few months . I had to return a few damaged packages recently. They looked like they fell off a moving truck . Yesterday for example , waiting for interior lights delivery from two different sources . First one , I hear a loud thud in my garage . Driver must have just thrown the package and took off . Luckily it was packed extremely well and no damage , but WTF ...
    then a hour later I get a call from a company about 20 miles from my house saying my “ other” delivery was dropped of at their business . So I drove the 40 miles round trip to retrieve my item . I’m pretty much sick of this crappy service . :confused:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lemme guess - FedEx Ground?

I've gotten two large things with holes in boxes, given the weight it's not all that surprising but the dent in the griddle frame was annoying. However a dead blow hammer fixed it right up, wasn't about to wait to replace it. Food needed cooking :D

I was impressed the Prime driver that delivered it and the UPS guy that did my trailer tires had enough sense to back down the drive to the garage and drop them there. The Prime one that delivered the tow bar for the Suburban was stupid and carried it up a dozen steps to the porch.

12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Pusses me off when the merchant marks it shipped almost immediately. Then drags ass for a week getting it to the post office

Pixelator, Phl218, sbk1198 and 6 others like this.
  13. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’ve been having issues getting stuff from everyone lately. Used to I’d get stuff next day from WPS now it is 7-10 days for stuff out of the Georgia where house dammit what house dammit wheelhouse fuck it facility. Damn autocorrect

boxcrash and pickled egg like this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I call bullshit!

It would have autocorrected to whorehouse. :D

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

We live in the middle of nowhere and Amazon has been fine even when it comes from their west coast warehouse. And I avoid Wally world at all costs!

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This is true. I don't particularly like supporting these huge monolithic companies but Walmart does get stuff to you quicker at the moment.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

One plus of living in Louisville. We're the UPS hub and they handle the packages for many carriers. If it takes me three days to get anything that's crazy long.

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And Amazon isn't :confused:

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Was that declarative or interrogative?

I was implying that they were both.....but if I have to I'd prefer the one that gets the delivery to me sooner.

sheepofblue likes this.