1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Prime sure does suck these days

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, May 27, 2020.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I cancelled my Prime. I've been with them since the beginning.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Same here. UPS just delivered packages that were due this coming Monday.

Pixelator likes this.
  3. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I finally got at wheel delivered by USPS 1 week late

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I was stepping out my front door to get my mail and there was a package on my step delivered by FedEx. It was addressed to Duxbury High School. The street address was for the Athletic Complex on my side of the street, but no one was around and I didn't feel comfortable just leaving it outside with all the people around using the fields. There's a FedEx/UPS shipping business down the street, so I took it there. I told the girl it was left at the wrong house and that I wanted FedEx to take it and deliver it to the right address. She replied that it wasn't their problem and I should call FedEx. The setup is that FedEx stops at this place daily and picks up their stuff for delivery, so I said I'll just leave it there for them to pick up. She said, "No, they'll just deliver it back to your house." I questioned how they could do this if the correct address was on the package, and she says they'll have my house on record. She was starting to piss me off with her attitude, I was starting to yell at her and she got to the point where she said she wouldn't allow me to leave it there because it was not their problem. I left, spewing a few choice sentiments. (I had my mask on. :) ) I went back to the high school and found a janitor washing windows on the other side of the street. He took it for me and I suspect it will eventually get to where it's going, 3-4 days late.

Fuck FedEx. How the hell do they mistake my house for a high school?

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well they manage to drive right by my shop and leave my stuff on the porch of the house at my Amish neighbor who runs a sawmill.
    House / High school, bike shop / Amish sawmill, it's all the same. :crackup:

6. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Its Cali...it was full of alcoholic hand sanitizer, face masks and lithium sex toy batteries. A perfect storm of combustability.

There was probably even hand sanitizer in the sprinkler lines....:D

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

My Prime renewal is coming up in a few weeks. Even though I am ordering more now than ever before, it is hard for me to justify the cost. I don't use any of the streaming crap or other features.

10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

A discussion on another board about this topic gave me something to think about - use of my Amazon Prime Visa card, and the cashback from it. In the last 12 months, I earned enough cashback to pay for another year of Prime. And that was with limited use of the card, and only 50% of the points/$ earned by shopping at Amazon.

Zero cashback from shopping at Whole Paycheck (I can't justify shopping there).