1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Prime sure does suck these days

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, May 27, 2020.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yep ... FedEx ground .

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Waitaholdit ... you ain’t sneakin this one by. What griddle did ya go with??

3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

few years ago, all my christmas orders were taking 3-7 days. i got sick of calling customer service to only get issued an apology and sometimes a credit. i cancelled my Prime and just queue my wishlist with small items to get to $25 for free shipping, which generally shows up in 3-4 days.

FYI: brake clean cans are like $4 and are great to get you over that $25 total for free non-prime shipping.

jksoft and Phl218 like this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

sheeplative

5. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

The damn USPS delivery guy (older fat guy) here wouldn't deliver the dog food I ordered the other day because it’s to big. He put on the tracking that the mail box was full, the next day he told my wife it was too big to fit in his mail mobile and said we would have to go pick it up at the post office. I went back and forth with amazon about it a couple of times and they didn't do anything. It’s kinda silly, I’ve been ordering dog food on and off for a while from there and didn't have any issues before. It was a 35lb bag and is a little less weight than I usually order, not sure how that would have fit in our mail box! I sent a email through the post office website and it was resolved in one business day. They emailed me back and said it would be delivered on the next truck. It was dumped off in the middle of the driveway. I bet everything he delivers from now on gets thrown on the ground at my house.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Quality isn’t a required component of essential services

Pixelator likes this.
  7. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

USPS isn't much better right now - I have an order that's currently racked up 20 days from Toronto on the way to the customer in the CONUS.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I just ordered a dehumidifier for the house on Walmart.com, supposed to be here Tuesday, we'll see.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly that's kind of SOP with them. Seen a couple of them do great but overall they're just bad. I'd avoid using them entirely but my favorite coffee company uses them so I deal with it. Upside is stuff to the house isn't an issue, I'll never let anything be shipped to the office through them, we have yet to have them show during office hours and have had too much sent back to the shipper.

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I likely drive the local FedEx guy nuts with my road/driveway, but I've always tried to smile and thank him when he makes deliveries and so far he's been friendly back so... at least that small leg of the journey seems semi-safe?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There's a difference between FedEx Ground and overnight/air stuff. Company employers versus contractors and such.

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've been pretty lucky.
    Been ordering some bulk food products. Delivery showed 3 weeks and got most in 10 days.
    It's UPS that's shitting the bed. Had some items that should have been here Tuesday.
    Tracking showed "Out for delivery" Driver shows up yesterday with some of my smaller items and said there was no room on his truck for several boxes.

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Probably not the driver's fault they need more drivers and/or bigger trucks.

edit: I should add the Amazon stuff that shows up in 2-3 days is all coming on Amazon vans. There is a fleet of them at the now abandoned mall near me.

14. Banditracer

UPS is buried. Last week my driver told me on Monday that the previous week every driver out of our hub set a record for number of packages delivered for the week. They need to add some more brown trucks for it to get better.

Pixelator and G Dawg like this.
  15. baconologist

I just want my damn tires!

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. baconologist

I ordered a chicken and an egg today.......

JBall likes this.
  17. sdg

sdg *

Check your CC's for double dipping boys. Caught em. They deny it although my same email still gets the notifications that the account has issues. BULLSHIT. Definitely won't renew prime even though I will have to cancel another card to prevent it. Fuck bezos

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I had a reoccurring delivery get fucked up. When I contacted them, I was told to reorder it and once delivered they would refund my $$$.
    It's only been 3 days, but still no refund. And it's getting more difficult to talk with someone there.

19. Banditracer

Well the dehumidifier that was due Tues. came today on Fed Ex. Can't beat that.

20. baconologist

Oh yes I can!
    2 tires ordered on May 17th.....still in transit
    2 tires ordered on May 26th.....delivered today....