1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon HQ2- The Final 20...

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You shut your whore mouth. We do not need an "Outer Perimeter".

2. G2G

G2G I feel the need

yep thats me Steve Alexander

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Known hooligan that streaks across the quad naked and screaming for attention. :D

4. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I cannot confirm nor deny that. lol

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ATL Metro is good at attracting big companies and making money from them, not too concerned.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell yes we do. Driving 2 lane roads over to Road Atlanta is bullshit.

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I can confirm that the company he keeps will participate in most shenanigans. Including allegedly convincing the nighttime Road America security 'ladies' to give us, er-someone, I mean, a full track ride on a 3 row golf kart at around midnight. Oh and then possibly possibly off roading in the younger one's Cherokee with like 6 dudes in it around the property. But that's just shit I heard about. The mildest of the shit I heard about. Allegedly.

8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

That's exactly what happened in Seattle because of Amazon. I know someone there that did that very thing.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Hey @Dave K you polish up that resume and maybe you can get a job at the new HQ1.33333. Sounds like somewhere in N VA is a pretty sure thing.

Hope the traffic didn't get worser.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, Crystal city is what is being yapped about. Not a bad choice, the metro stops under it, Reagan airport is close, DC is a short metro ride or Uber away and there was more than enough open office space there after the gooberment moved out a few years back. Wouldn't be my first choice but if all they are doing there is offices then it won't suck. I hope people aren't stupid enough to think they can actually drive there from outside the beltway.

Now, if they were going to do their distribution/ warehousing out of there then it's full retard.

Hearing Dallas for the other half of the HQ and it seems almost everyone is setting up shop there now.

11. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

My house is going on the market in February, cmon Austin!

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

But house prices will skyrocket even more than they are now in that area.

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Long Island City, NY for HQ2 2 of 2.

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Which is not a bad thing if you own in the area. I am worried about by wife's commute from Alexandria into DC getting worse. With that said, we could probably car pool and she could finish her trip on the metro if I got a job at the new HQ. But that would mean my 30 foot commute down the hall would be a bit longer than it is now.

15. joec

joec brace yourself

Well, you never know. Sometimes those backups at the bathroom interchange in the mornings can get hectic.

16. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Crystal City, like Dave said.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why would anyone do anything there? It's a steaming shithole that people from Newark NJ make fun of.

18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Because.........
    [​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A town in Georgia offered to rename their city Amazon....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Georgia is full. I'm a little afraid of both Governor candidates but damn glad Deal is leaving office. Bastard got way too many companies to move here :D