1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon HQ2- The Final 20...

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 18, 2018.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I'm actually glad it didn't come to Cincinnati. Would have just been bigger suck on an already shitty city financial situation because of politicians promising huge incentives that they cannot afford.

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

so your willing to sacrafice Rd Atlanta for Amazon?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm not willing to trade a 6 pack of High life and half a pack of marlboros for Amazon. :D

But I'd give Dits all that and 3 whole dollars to shit in your fort. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I want Amazon and rail service out to Chateau Elan then bus to Road Atlanta :D

5. baconologist

i’m thinking the nimby’s won’t agree

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They never do.

7. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I thought Nashville had made the short list? Maybe that's just the local news stations blowing smoke...

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Not commenting any further till this is in the Dungeon ..

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

kelo vs new lodon ct[/QUOTE]
    Sadly.

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Careful what you wish for. Foxxconn is getting I94 and other road upgrades that are estimated to cost $400m. The state is on the hook for that, and they're asking for $250+ mil in Fed money for the interstate. Recently released was that the power upgrades to lines/substations/etc is $140m. That's just to get them up and running. Guess who's paying for that - "customers in the area".

Total tax breaks and incentives are estimated at $4 billion at this point. The state says they're gonna hire 13,000 people. Foxxconn has committed to 3,000 jobs. That's $1.3 mil per job. Even if they hire all 13 thou, it's still gonna cost 300 thou and change per job.

Wisconsin is at 3.2% unemployment. WTF.

11. Scotty87

Sadly.[/QUOTE]

I didn't look at that case, but I'm guessing the way they're getting around it here is the village is 'buying' the land, and then giving it to Foxxconn. :mad:

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

See, that's why someone like Foxconn is perfect for the detroit area. All that shit needs to be done anyways so might as well do it for them where they are actually needed and wanted.

but then there's all the shit that goes with Detroit which also needs to be fixed.

aaronson and Scotty87 like this.
  13. Scotty87

For sure! Too bad it didn't work out last summer.

14. baconologist

I didn't look at that case, but I'm guessing the way they're getting around it here is the village is 'buying' the land, and then giving it to Foxxconn. :mad:[/QUOTE]

My understanding is; it was ruled the developer would generate more tax rev for the city vs the current property owner. There for the city was allowed to utilize eminant domain “in the publics best interest”

15. Scotty87

Well that wouldn't work here... the state isn't gonna see a dime in revenue until 2043. Probably why they did it the way they did with the village 'buying' the land.

16. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

For the electric infrastructure upgrades the cost is spread to all of Wisconsin, not just Racine/MKE.

17. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Bummed that Detroit didn't make the cut.

18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Where exactly do you live in WI? I am just south of the border near 94.

19. Scotty87

Still bullshit.

20. Scotty87

Kenosha.

We know each other, I think. We've raced supermotos before at Road America and Shawano. You're buddies with Roman, right?