1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So is self-righteously declaring that one's decision on right and wrong is universally applicable...

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And both sides are doing it, Sparky.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nope.

I'm not telling anyone what's wrong or right. I'm not imposing on anyone's decision to abort or not abort.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm not abdicating anything. My life has value to me. It doesn't necessarily have to have value to you. Do you let any bugs that invade your home live or do you kill them? Life either has value or it doesn't.

In the words of George Carlin...Why when it's us it's an abortion but when it's a chicken it's an omelet.

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Is a living being with a unique DNA really part of someone else's body?

6. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

In otherwords IT WAS HER CHOICE.....

7. Dragginass

I like Carlin, but women menstruating is the passing of unfertilized eggs. Nothing to do with life/abortion arguments.

8. Venom51

His point about menstruation resulted in the concept of women being a serial murder not about a breakfast meal.

But we can go a little further. When you eat chicken do you consider it murder and inherently evil or do you think it's somewhat necessary for society to continue to function and helps keep the murder rate of human beings to a minimum. After all life is either precious and should be protected or in some cases the loss of it is acceptable function of society. Desperate hungry people are capable of horrific things.

There are folks in society that think killing any animal is wrong and to them the beheading, plucking, gutting and cooking of a chicken is a horrific thought and for others it's just a good Saturday afternoon meal. Who's right and who's wrong?

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  9. Dragginass

which was a false premise, and such was my point. Life does not exist, nor can it begin, from an unfertilized egg.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Tell that to your tapeworm

11. Dragginass

So you agree. The tapeworm isn't part of the human body, it merely occupies it.

12. Venom51

A miscarriage is the flushing of a fertilized egg. Is any woman that has one a murderer?

13. Dragginass

A miscarriage is the loss of life from a fetus. Humans die for a multitude of health reasons we cannot control. A miscarriage is no more of a choice than cancer.

MVA25 likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

15. Venom51

Wonderful. Now answer the question.

If she decides to not take care of herself and smokes, drinks and participates in activities that lead to a miscarriage is she a murderer?

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So your issue isn't with a dead fetus, it's with that whole free will thing imposed upon us by that loving god... :Poke:

17. Dragginass

Lol. Surely you see the trouble with your argument. A woman who suffers a miscarriage is no more of a murderer than a mother who loses a child to cancer. Neither was a choice, but rather the result of natural processes beyond our control.

18. Dragginass

Who said anything about God? I didn't.
    Either way, your argument sucks.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It's not my argument... :crackup:

20. Venom51

So it simply boils down to you not wanting her to have the right to choose. As long as her body just can't support or rejects the fetus it's all good. A life has still be ended it just happens to be ok as long as she didn't make the choice.