1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I just want to ad my.o2 here.
    Life begins before concepcion.
    The egg is a living organism. The sperm is a living organism.The 2 combined just start a process of cell division and growth..
    We have a definition that a natural abortion (miscarriage) is not murder. Therefore, a women's time of the month when she expels the egg and lining of here uterus are NOT murder.
    Here I have a serious question to pose. How many of the men here committed countless murders during their teenage years when they "Gave themselves a hand"?
    How many murders are committed attempting to conceive a child that just lay on the sheets and die? Millions upon millions is the answer. Men kill millions of offspring in their lives. Women kill about 450 or so....

"the average male will produce roughly 525 billion sperm cells over a lifetime and shed at least one billion of them per month. A healthy adult male can release between 40 million and 1.2 billion sperm cells in a single ejaculation.

In contrast, women are born with an average 2 million egg follicles, the reproductive structures that give rise to eggs. By puberty, a majority of those follicles close up and only about 450 will ever release mature eggs for fertilization."

Whoa unto you as you stand before GOD for the murders you have committed.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Check your history. Men have been dominating the political discourse of this country since its founding. Still do, and the beeb here is just a small reflection of that.

I do like the new "civil" you, though. Really refreshing.

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I would be more than willing to have a reasonably civil discourse on this topic with any woman so inclined. Unfortunately, although the door is not barred, they seldom show up here in The He-Man Woman Haters Club. If you are speaking in broader terms, I have no control over participation in the national debate. Keep in mind that our new legislation was signed into law by our female governor. I have seen some feminist reactions indicating that since Mrs. Ivey is past child bearing age, she should have no input on the matter. Apparently, the criteria for participation is quite restrictive. Since I coach high school girls on the track team, I have some insight into the feelings of the generation of females most likely to be affected by this issue. They overwhelmingly helieve, as I do, that our new law goes too far, in spite of their moral opposition to abortion.

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Just so you know, if I see you minding your own business and murdering your child, I’ll damn sure murder you while you try. Hopefully I succeed before you do...

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Motofun352 likes this.
  8. Venom51

If you see me murdering my child you'll have to murder me or I will let everyone know you watched me masturbate. :D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Ever met an adopted person? They were 'unwanted' but not aborted in most cases.

Neither side is flexible. The Alabama law is extreme on purpose but what about the NC one where you can birth the kid then decide whether to kill it?

There is little to no rational discussion going on with this topic. On facetube I posted a motorcycle, three dogs and a galaxy picture hoping to derail the nonsense. If nothing else the picture of StegaSca all costumed up for Halloween brought me a smile if no one else :beer:

10. sheepofblue

This is an ignorant post to the extreme. Are you saying everyone can only have an opinion if they are the proper gender? How about race? That is incredibly bigoted and wrong. Debate on logic not your bias. Otherwise does your state need two governors one man and one woman so you can be represented? How about race? Or the gender confused catagories. Hell everyone is king as no one could possibly fully know another human. :Poke::Pop:

Let me add the news media is also commenting on the 36 men of the Alabama Senate while ignoring the woman who wrote the bill and woman governor who signed it into law. Don't stoop to their level I am pretty sure you are better than that.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

LOL

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

13. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

A heartbeat does not make it human.
    There is no brain stem - at the point you can detect a heartbeat, the embryo is less developed than a shrimp.
    There is no neocortex until around 6 months into the pregnancy... The neocortex is what makes us humans and not reptiles. This is where our consciousness and everything that makes us able to recognize each other and be aware and respond to our surroundings is thought to come from.
    The problems with these arguments are that the science is ignored - and the sword of sanctity is thrust in the middle. Yet most of these people eat animals. The child is less developed than a lizard and must be saved - but I'm gonna eat some gator on a stick at the fair tonight! At which point do you start viewing ALL life as sacred? Pro-lifers should be forced into veganism :)

These laws are draconian and will force women to have to prove they didn't have an abortion if they miscarry.
    Children will have to carry babies when they are raped or forced into incest...
    If I had gotten pregnant by the person that raped me for years as a child - this law would force me to carry the product of that rape. My oldest daughter is swiftly becoming the age at which I first started getting raped and molested by a family member - its fucking scary to have to have all that come back to the forefront of my brain.

Personally - I would never have an abortion. I don't feel its right, but I would never tell another person they can't make that very difficult choice.

I don't have to worry about it anymore because I had two beautiful girls before cancer made me unable to carry a child ever again. I do have the ability to get pregnant - but the child would never survive.
    Under these laws - knowing the child wouldn't survive the pregnancy - would it be considered murder if I got pregnant by mistake and then miscarried?

jase likes this.
  14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hence my summation, Nigel: "interesting". I wouldn't expect you not to recognize that a rounded discussion of a topic such as this warrants listening to other views. But you're an anomaly here.
    Coming from you that's really saying something (your question was asked and answered pages ago.)...

Here is a thought experiment for you: What is a more foundational piece of property (thus subject to property rights by natural law) than your own body? Is that question relevant here? In the other discussion about end-of-life?

15. Venom51

3 times a week....Cannoli style.

That's in the shower for those that may not remember that thread. :D

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

My history?

I'm not the one who claimed in 84 posts that women were "systematically excluded" from the conversation in here. That's all on you, Chicken Little. Own it.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You'll put your eye out!

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

19. sheepofblue

There is none but when your rights intersect with another compromises have to be made. Such as the inability to scream fire in a theater. THAT is what both sides fail to accept. You seem unable to accept there is two people involved in the topic but the same is true of most anti-abortion people.

As to the post answering I am on day #2 of a migraine (at least today is only one eye) and wearing sunglasses inside to reduce pain. So I am not at my normal level of perfection :beer: Attention span is even below 'ooo squirrel' level.

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member