1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Legally, no. Neither is killing in war.

Nigel is a Christian. He follows the commandment of Thou Shalt Not Kill, not Thou Shalt Not Murder In The Eyes Of The Law.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

An abortion is the termination of a pregnancy.

Your hell-bent drive to prevent women from undergoing an abortion is you and your ilk wresting control over a woman's body and enslaving her as a brood mare due to a conception.

jase and SuddenBraking like this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You miss my point. Are current laws regarding homicide about control, or are they about the sanctity of life?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hear!

Hear!

However, the "fetal heartbeat" yardstick fails the informed consent test. A fetal heartbeat can be detected before a woman is aware she's pregnant.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

They are about control. Because if they weren't politicians wouldn't last 15 minutes in office before someone ended them.

6. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Yeah, because the poor mother is the victim here,right! I’m hell bent to stop the murdering of unborn children. I see it as murder, you don’t. If we can’t find common ground, then this debate will never stop spinning

7. nigel smith

Forgive the extra here. I am experiencing some keyboard issues.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I don't miss your point. I insist on using accurate language.

Homocide is the taking of a life, with intent, post-partum (which is where the NY law will be destroyed in the courts).

I won't argue that an abortion kills a human life. The degree of its development is what differentiates it from being "human" or "larval".

Yes, I agree, abortion is a terrible thing. Experience one first-hand and you'll know how terrible it is. Those who use it for a "second chance" are the ones who learn from their misstep. Those who use it like their uterus is a ziploc bag are the ones you don't want reproducing anyways.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You sure like to villainize the woman...unrequited mommy issues?

10. Venom51

I'd agree with the above. I don't want people getting them just for the fun of it but I also don't want someone told they can't have one because someone else thinks it is wrong due to either religious objection or some other motivator.

jase likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So he doesn't have to have an abortion. Problem solved.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

There goes your credibility. :crackup:

13. Venom51

I never had any. It's ok. It's not like I have ever taken on the responsibility of raising someone else's offspring or anything.

Ohh wait I did do that.

pickled egg likes this.
  14. nigel smith

You are still misinterpreting my intent. You assume my anti abortion stance is control driven. It is no more control driven than are current laws criminalizing homicide. I do not wish to control women. I do wish to protect the other party concerned. You and I would both protect your toddler. I wish to afford the same protection to all I believe to be living humans.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No, I understand your position perfectly. And you're 100% entitled to hold that position.

I also understand that you equate abortion to homocide, and can defend your position drawing that comparison.

I consider the termination of a pregnancy pre-viability a tragic event, and have sympathy for whomever had to make the decision to go that route. If you think it's not a difficult and heart wrenching decision to have to make, I can tell you with 100% certainty that it is difficult, and it is heart wrenching. Rare is the person that takes that decision and that act lightly.

I cannot equate a fetal life to that of a life already out in the world. I can understand those who can and do, I simply can't. Doesn't make either of us wrong.

I will always fall back on the individualist perspective and not feel that my experiences carry any weight for anyone else. What I've been through, with the termination in '88 and the terrorizing the OB put us through with the concerns on the eldest's viability, I would not wish that sort of shit to lay on anyone's shoulders. I would not want anyone telling me what we had to do, because no one was experiencing what we were, and their judgment on our decision to terminate or carry through was completely immaterial to me. There's nothing more personal than what we went through and the idea of an intrusive government forcing our hands one way or another is beyond repugnant.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Obviously you think it should be yours.

TXFZ1 likes this.
  17. Venom51

No. I just like to know what the scale is when trying to take a measurement.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No. Both sides are claiming the right, neither is compromising and, given the lack of consensus on when life begins, probably never will. You cannot accept a position other than your own and vice versa.

19. Venom51

Again I'll state my position is not about whether it is right or wrong. My position is I don't think I should have any input into helping someone else make a choice or forcing their hand by refusing them the ability to make a choice with which I don't agree.

pickled egg likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think the abdication of a decision on right and wrong is a bit cowardly. Life has value or it doesn't.

sheepofblue likes this.