1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The "in here" is owned by you.
    If it's "is" then it's only one (my point exactly). :Poke:

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

To refresh you...

The dialog is happening "in here"...and nobody is excluding anyone from participating, systematically or otherwise.

It's ok to fuck up Dave. Even my 7-yr old knows that.

Own it.

3. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So when does the other person magically appear? Thus the debate. You appear to side with very very late while some think Venom51 spanking the monker is murder. Neither side has a reasonable argument in my opinion. Not sure it was here or elsewhere that I pointed out that as extreme as the Alabama bill is the NC bill was just as extreme the other way.

But motoGP this weekend and clear skies for the telescope tonight maybe (though I did not get the autoguider ready :-( ) and probably good weather to cruise the CBR this weekend....life is good (darn that makes me pro-life right now)

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

There’s always a nerd in every group.

The.Johnner likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My stance on abortion is unless you're the one who has to carry it and birth it you should shut the fuck up about it. Let the ladies sort it out.

cpettit, SuddenBraking and 50Joe like this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

God's will

9. SuddenBraking

Just think about all the extra traffic there'd be with 20% more humans (~60 million abortions since R v W) on the roads ;)

10. SuddenBraking

He needs more little boys to keep the priests in line. God's a smart SOB.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I fixed that for you...

12. The.Johnner

The.Johnner Active Member

I support protecting babies in their mothers' wombs, so I think this law is great...

The fact is that a new human life begins at conception (if you doubt this, go read a human development / biology book...). So, whether the mother and father were lazy and didn't use a rubber, or the mother was raped - if you kill the baby, you're doing exactly that... Killing a baby.
    https://www.abortionprocedures.com/

For those of you who say it's not my business, when you're done reading up on human development / biology, go read some logic / philosophy /ethics books. Your argument leads to "anyone can do anything, nothing matters anyway" (whether you think so or realize it now)

Now, in cases where the mothers' physical health is at risk etc, things get tricky cuz it's her life or the baby's...

TXFZ1 and MVA25 like this.
  13. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

It seems I was wrong, but read this...https://savethestorks.com/2017/05/real-reasons-women-abortions/

Doesn’t change the fact that majority of the real reasons women have an abortion, is because of selfishness. Call me whatever you want, but I was always aware of the consequences when I was having sex as a younger adult. It seems to me a lot of people care more about saving animals than they do about human life. Then they cry about war(s) that end up killing all ages of people. This society will let a kid choose what sex it wants to be, but how dare it have the chance to choose life. People say stay out of it and stop trying to control the woman. It’s hard to do that when an innocent child is about to be murdered. By that logic, I guess if I ever see a women being beaten, I should just go to the other side of the street and carry on. Or better yet, pull my phone out so I can record it to put it on freakin social media.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe things have changed, but medical contraception used to take at least one full cycle to be effective.

15. Venom51

There is always the option to teach girls about the pleasures of 2xidb in sex ed. No one ever got pregnant playing in the waste facility.

auminer likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Pharmaceutical contraception maybe, but there are iud type things that would probably be effective immediately.

17. Venom51

Who wrote those books? If I am writing the material I can make that argument lead where ever I want. You don't have to agree with it. According to most pro-lifers there is only one book that matters on the subject. At the end of the day the argument stands. Anyone can do anything. The difference is whether society agrees with it or not. You may find it distasteful to kill someone and eat them for dinner. Jeffery Dahmer didn't suffer from your distaste for it. We can label that deviant behavior but if society was fine with it, and most people did the same, then it would be considered normal and not deviant behavior.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  18. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Wrong.
    Did the church write your biology books????
    There is no brain at conception.
    There is no human brain till about 6 months in.

If you believe that a clump of cells or a heartbeat, makes it a human baby - you had best be a fucking vegan or you are a hypocrite. How anyone can justify even eating a mussel and stand by "life begins at conception", is beyond me.

I haven't ever had an abortion, and I would never - but if you can look a 10 year old child in the eye and tell her she has to have a baby because her daddy put it there and now it's sacred, or even an adult rape victim - you are an asshole. There is an 11 year old girl in Ohio that that was repeatedly raped and then impregnated by a 26 year old man - that just missed their heartbeat law by mere weeks. Fuck anyone that tells a baby they have to have a baby. This is extremely emotional for me because of my experiences - I admit that - but assholes abound in the argument that children, who cannot consent, should be forced into having babies. I can only imagine 10 year old me in the worst possible pain of my life - or my sweet sensitive loving daughter having to bear that - and fucking wonder what is wrong with people. I have never stood so firmly behind a statement before, butt: FUCK. THOSE. PEOPLE.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A stud like you has to handle himself? Where are the wife's girlfriends? :D
    Is that a totally puzzling mystery or what? :D

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

A man needs his personal space too!