1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A war that isn't called a war

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Sacko DougK, Feb 12, 2015.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

And yet you continue the charade of an occupancy as a path forward. They do not work. They didn't work in the Philippines a hundred and some years ago, and have never worked. This is why, no matter how hard you spin it, the ultimate fault of the Iraqi mess lies with Kristol, Kagen, and the other notables of the blueprint for a new American Century that got Cheney to push the buttons and seal the legacy of the GWBush to the dustbin of history by making a bad situation not only worse, but long-lasting.
    Point / Counterpoint

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Occupancy didn't work in Germany or Japan either.

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

DougK, just stop dude. Every post gets more rediculous with that manifest destiny bullshit. We have no business there in the first place and every time we try to double down it gets worse. We created this ISIS problem and now you wanna solve it with more of my friends and families lives. If you truly believe that you belong in prison or a nuthouse.

4. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

I will stick to this. If a repub have given the same order, you guys would be praising him to death. But because you guy dont like the current POTUS, you say it was the previous administrator that did the work.

I knew that would be the response, and the dungeon didn't disappoint, that's for sure...

You guys believe what you believe and I will believe what I believe.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I concede the point. :rock:

6. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. Would you rather more get killed for a something that isn't even being built to win? Right or wrong, we had a goal and were given a clear objective to win. This has none.

7. Sacko DougK

A residual force is not anything close to an occupying force. Are we occupying S. Korea right now? Or do we have a force there to prevent an invasion? Is Iraq not being invaded by ISIS?

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Occupancies will only work for awhile then the people will become willing to fight it. In fact, occupying a country with a foreign force is not looked upon by the people as much different than a dictator that's forced out by the occupiers. It's like "he's a dictator but he's our dictator so get the hell out.) Hopefully mankind will learn that the need to defeat and control some other country is not the way to live life. Over the years I've pretty well come to the idea that it's perfectly ok to fight to defend yourself but it's not ok to take your way of life and try to militarily force it down someone elses throat.

9. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

It's there if you enlisted as a non commissioned officer. It has verbiage about obeying the president. The officers oath doesn't have it. Not sure why.

As for your individual rights while in the military, I don't remember having any. Hell I received "office hours" and got my ass handed to me for getting a sunburn based on the logic I was government property. Oh and that happened when I was out of uniform.:D

10. ductune

Interesting question but how does an active member of the military have the time to do both? Has that ever happened?

11. ductune

This.

12. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

or said more eloquently 219 years ago:

The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements, let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. Here let us stop.

GW

or TJ if you like:

peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none…”

bottom line is, we haven't learned by now...we aren't going to. we'll bankrupt our country trying to force our politics on others.

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I will do as I said. Obama was the Commander in Chief at the time of this particular military mission. He gets to take credit, although I don't believe he has the guts to pull the trigger himself. I am not, however, a republican. I am just an American citizen who is gravely concerned about the path our nation is on.

14. Some of your better work.:up:

15. Sacko DougK

Yeah, but that burn effected your work performance. :Poke:

16. Sacko DougK

Yes, with reservists/guard who take the same oath. The 113th Congress had 14 House and 1 Senate member who were still actively serving in the reserve/guard.

http://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.cfm?pid=&0BL+R\C?

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Obama cannot lose what was never won. Don't you get it man? To re-education camp you go.:Poke:

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I don't know if I would say force one view, but if we do stand for something when should not be hypocrites.

As someone that was oppressed, I can assure you that the general populace only wants a shot and the ability to sleep well at night, knowing that tomorrow is another day to prosper.

People want to be free or live under the idea of freedom.

The US was not an occupier in Iraq. We were there until recently to facilitate a transition to something better. The fact that the something better was contradictory to others is no reason to forget the mission or goal.

I am certain that there may be an equal number of Iraqis that will hate us for leaving, equaling the assume that hate it us for "occupying" their land.

19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Never mind the leaving part, we had no business being there in the first place.

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

My opinion differs.