1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A war that isn't called a war

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Sacko DougK, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

WTF!! :Puke:

I remember all the liberals saying Iraq was going to be another Vietnam under Bush. However, we pretty much won the war under Bush. All Obama had to do was close it out and he fucked that up.

Where are all the anti-war liberals now that Obama just went to Congress and asked for a war without the capabilities to actually win that war? Where are all the liberals with the Vietnam comparisons? Because this is Vietnam all over again. Where are you guys??

2. We won Iraq?:crackup:

Definitely not happy about the latest development.

3. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

We haven't won a war since WWII.

The tards, both Dem and Repub, who continue to send our military men an women into the middle east, where we have no hope of winning the war of ideology, just don't get it.

4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

yea... umm... iraq literally fell apart into a total ethnic civil war shitfest like a few MONTHS after we "won the war". what did you like, turn off your tv after you saw Bush on an aircraft carrier with a banner behind him saying victory? why is this even a thread?

maybe obama did that because it will act as a handcuff to the next republican old warhawk administration from starting WW3 because it specifies what we are and are not allowed to do... atleast until 2018. maybe its to help hillary by giving her a little protection from said old warhawks by not allowing them to just blanketly paint her with a brush of "she's unelectable because she isn't just willing to knee jerk say that she'll turn the middle east into glass" like all the other stupid moronic closet-bigot fucks of the world? maybe because then it also forces republicans to put up or shut up and actually back the president on a war-type decision instead of armchair quarterbacking just to disagree with him?

this fuckin OP guy over here... sitting there pretending to play political strategy at his Playskool my-first-workbench trying to put the square block into the triangle hole, while everyone else is playing chess... c'mon man...

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know what championship Doug is going for with some of his delusional posts lately but he's winning. :D

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ha ha ha! Who are you to criticize with your "rah rah Democrats" attitude. Your point of view is just as much of a problem as the extreme right. Too bad you spend so much time talking down to others instead of looking at your own position and seeing that there are flaws in your point of view as well.

7. Sacko DougK

So, you guys are in total denial that the surge worked. That we had pretty much defeated the insurgency? I guess you guys just blocked that part out completely. Did you also block out the fact that Obama abandoned that policy that was working and abandoned the Iraqi government.

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Nothing over there worked and nothing over there is going to work. Everytime you think you have the enemy defeated another will pop up to replace them. Until we either find a way to make peace with them or we kill all of them it will be the same. I just wish they would stop wasting our money over there.

Oh and let's not forget that the whole shit show was started under false pretenses in the first place.

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Oh, come on! Sweaty' s obvious mastery of global socioeconomic and political issues, combined with his rational and reasonable presentation, has pretty much swayed me to his side of the aisle. If we could all just be so smart!

10. Sacko DougK

See, this shows your lack of comprehension on the war. Yes, we did defeat the Iraqi military and Hussein. Yes, that was victory.

Yes, there were mistakes made by Bush. I acknowledge that. However, the subsequent was that was the insurgency was ultimately defeated. Shall we start to pull out statistics that show this? Stats like the number of attacks that were near zero, the number of wounded and killed that were at zero for months. That goes for military and civilian. Bush did initiate a plan to end the war (not Obama as he tries to claim). The government was struggling to form, but it was becoming an effective government. There was a plan put forth by Bush to leave a residual force to ensure there wouldn't be an ISIS. All Obama had to do was close it out correctly, that was it. Care to deny any of that?

So, where did it all fall apart? When did the tide change on that? Where are we now today? You want quagmire, all you have to do is look at the failed Obama policies.

11. Sacko DougK

Actually, that part of the shit show started in 1991. This was just the conclusion to that.

12. Sacko DougK

Hey, a win is a win. :D

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

What was the conclusion? There has been no victory, no end, no stopping the hemorrhaging of money into that cest pool. We didn't win in '91 and won't win now. Show me some sign of victory other than one baffon making a proclamation.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There are wins most people don't want. This is one of them. :D

15. Sacko DougK

Only pussies and Obamaites run away from the tough fight. You should know me better by now.

It may not be popular in the purple paisley and pink unicorn world of liberals, but it is the truth. Can you prove anything I've said wrong yet?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can prove a lot of it is stupid.

17. Sacko DougK

Making the rounds with my active duty friends.

Attached Files:

18. Sacko DougK

Well, gitty-up. Let's hear it.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think you're confused: I didn't say I'm interested in doing it. :D

20. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

You're active duty right? Obama is your Commander in Chief right?
    You certainly have a right to your opinion but back in the day we respected the office enough for active duty members to do nothing to undermine their leader.
    Guess things have changed.

You thought the war in Iraq was winnable. Most people knew the insurgency was smart enough to sit back and wait once the surge slowed them down.
    The US public wouldn't support an on going presence in Iraq and the Iraqi government would have had to approve it.