1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A war that isn't called a war

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Sacko DougK, Feb 12, 2015.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sure.
    The man couldn't kill a large spider.

2. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Maybe not, but he killed Osama.

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The Navy killed him. Or, if you want to go true liberal, a Heckler and Koch 416 did.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

To paraphrase his Obamaness....he didn't kill that.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Come on, man. I give him all the credit in the world for making an incredibly gutsy decision. But he didn't kill nobody.

6. In Your Corner

No. He gave the okay. Real men actually killed OBL.
    The best you can say is he wasn't as dumb as Clinton.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you count yourself as a "real man?"

8. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:crackup::crackup: i was so waiting for someone to say that, cus if not, i sure as hell was going to! :up:

9. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Not sure what Maliki's failure has to do with it. The point is that the government did function as it did not collapse when he resigned. Maliki was not a strong leader, but he did function well with support from us. Obama pulled that support. Not just pulled, he yanked it out from under him. Yes, there was a SOFA in place and yes it was still being negotiated. It is also documented that Obama entered into those negotiations with absolutely no intent to have an agreement. The supposed stumbling block, was nothing more then posturing and with some honest effort an agreement most likely would have been achieved.

I still do not see President in the Oath. I do however see Constitution of the United States. I understand that the President is the Commander in Chief. But that is why there is a difference between acting as an individual using your rights and that of an individual acting as or representing the military.

10. ToddClark

so let me get this straight, are you guys saying that if Obama hadnt said it was ok to kill that worthless POS, that given the opportunity, our military would have let him walk? Just what the fuck and who the fuck had they been targeting over there all that time leading up to his death? Just WTF did floppy ears have to do with it?

11. In Your Corner

Not taking the bait, sorry.

12. Sacko DougK

Ductune,

Can a member of the military become a member of Congress? Yes. Since they are a member of the military do they have to be in the same party as the President? No. Since they are in the military do they have to publicly agree with the President? No. According to your line of reasoning here, are they acting against their military oath? Yes. But, in reality they are not. They are expressing their individual opinion. They are not representing the military, they are representing their constituents.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can't blame you. You already know you owned yourself that one. No external help necessary.

14. In Your Corner

No.

15. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Floppy ears gave the order. But of coarse no one in the dungeon will give POTUS credit for giving the orders. If a repud gave the same orders, you guys would praise him to death.

And I do agree with the Seals kill osama.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  16. Sacko DougK

Ohhhhh.....So, you don't think I'd have a plan? Sure, I'd use the plan that was working. Doing that would have save a couple thousand Iraqis being murdered, a couple Americans and Japanese from being decapitated and a Jordanian pilot from being burned alive.

My plan now? I'd put an overwhelming force on the ground. Push on two fronts, one to take back lost land in Iraq and another to seize the oil fields that are supplying ISIS funding on the black market. I would kill every motherfucking one of them and their goats using every asset available to the military. After beating them back into nothings, I would leave a residual force that the military deems necessary to protect the people and the lands.

What's your plan??

17. Sacko DougK

I have no problem giving him credit for giving the order. I have a very difficult time, however, when he fails to give credit where credit is due. The reason he was even in a position to give that order is the policies put into place Bush to get Obama. The years of hard work that preceded him. If he cannot give credit where credit is due, why should he receive any credit?

18. ToddClark

so i ask again, they didnt have orders to kill him prior to Obama telling them to? :crackup: Seriously?

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The plan where we ousted all the ruling tribal members and inserted the opposition minority? Again, it was never going to work. Western thinking does not apply. It's infinitely arrogant to believe it will. My pal from Syria has tried to explain that tribe shit to me and I can't get it at all. It's embedded from birth to death and affects decisions in everything from marriage to jobs to who rules and it's been that way for hundreds of years. Americans just can't comprehend it. No amount of inked fingers is gonna change it. There was never any plan that took that into account or even tried to.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A bad plan is still a plan :D