1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new chant for the protesters!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Repo Man, Dec 1, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hate to break it to you but letting it happen is not the same thing as cheering the looters. The former means that you did nothing to stop it. The latter means you are actively encouraging that criminal behavior.

You may want to retreat before this gets too complex for you. :D

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Uhh, HELLO! Do you remember Ferguson? Quit playing dumb. It just doesn't look good for ya.

3. Rioters, looters, and arsonists are not the same as peaceful protestors. Peaceful protestors are the majority. Unfortunately the small minority of violent criminals are what gets the majority of the media coverage that gives some of these fucks in here a chance to go, "see, I told you they were animals."

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have followed the "conversation" and decided to interject a comment to show that there are alternative actions other than actively moving to stop looters wna still achieve the moral high ground you so desperately seek.

5. I love watching the Orvis method in action. It won't be long till you start a post with something like "Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem....":D

I will give you credit though. You're a lot more civil than some of these pricks. :up:

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Interesting.

Exploitation for a cause. Typical.

The only issue that I have with peaceful protestors is the silence they exhibit and if you are going to peacefully protest and stick to "hands up, don't shoot," it leads me to question the intellect.

Protest with reason, and hope that looters/arsonist don't join in. So, given the possibility of such, be selective of when and how, you choose to protest.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You don't seem as good at dancing with semantics today as usual. I am worried about you. Are you getting enough sleep?:D
    Your interpretation may be that one can let something happen OR cheer on the looters but that interpretation would be wrong. They are 2 independent actions. You can choose to cheer or not cheer while letting something happen. I know being wrong doesn't happen much so you are not familiar with the feeling. :Poke:
    I do know from personal experience that the pain fades with time though. You just have to accept that you are wrong and move on!:D

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

One of the worst problems that a mob has is that there is no one in charge to direct the activities. When a mob goes into the streets to "protest" and others come into the middle of it and go wild with the destruction and such, the "peaceful" protesters really need to go home and figure out a better way of getting their message across. In other words, don't be part of a mob of destruction.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The peaceful protestors, IMO, often interefere with the job at hand. LEO has to be cautious about enforcing and/or preventing insurgency and destruction among the few that hide within the mob. Hence, the mob becomes a tool of the rioters.

And, in the even that LEO's try to enforce and take action against a peaceful protestor, than all the crying start.

I will venture to say that the majority of those protesting peacefully or not, are just doing it for attention. The evidence in the case, in the Brown vs. Wilson does not justify any protest.

10. Howlie2

Howlie2 In middle-dodging traffic

So the majority of protestors are peaceful...they are trying to get their message across...convince the court of public opinion that Officer Wilson needs to be tried for murder in a court of law...this is the change they are seeking to effect (IMHO).

The trouble is that their message is completely overwhelmed by the violent protestors. The message presented to the court of public opinion is: We are not happy so "Burn this Bitch down". The only peaceful demonstrations getting any attention are the ones that are obstructing people's daily lives having a negative impact for them. I've yet to read about a protest that is changing minds and bringing people to their side.

11. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I liked this one "Fried chicken, watermelon, Cadillac car...we're not as dumb as you think we is".

12. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I love how the unbiased mainstream media always say "The unarmed black teen who was shot by a white policeman" and leave out "after he committed a strong arm robbery and attempted to get the policeman's weapon and refused to comply with multiple requests by the policeman to comply".

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm with Orvis here. When the breaking and burning and looting start, you need to leave the "peaceful" demonstration, because it is now a crime in progress.
    You might argue that a peaceful protester has no obligation to stop the criminals, but if they stay, they become accomplices.
    They are a part of the mob, no matter if they pick up a brick or not, because they are interfering with any police response just by their presence.
    The cops don't know who among the crowd will become violent and who won't. They can't possibly assume that any person who is staying at the scene of the crime won't join in if they start arresting people or cracking heads, so everybody who stays when shit goes sideways is part of the shit.

14. chas

chas Well-Known Member

How about that female pizza store employee that stood up to not one but two peaceful protestors trying to kick in the window of the pizza joint she WORKED at? Maybe if more people in the area actually stood up to the ones peacefully destroying property, there wouldn't have been so much destruction.

Of course when people come to a protest with masks and bandanas, they are planning ahead for confrontation.

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I can assure you if my neighborhood was protesting something and our young and toughs started burning down and looting our local businesses (both chain and truly local) we would put a stop to it. We would not stand idly by and watch nor would we go quietly home while our own streets are ravaged. To me, the complacency displayed by the peaceful protesters and locals makes them culpable to the outcome. They wanted those streets to burn and they let in outside elements and fanned the flames make sure that happened. Enough with the making excuses for them.

You don't pardon the politicians or the managers for the crimes of their armies. All are culpable from the foot soldier (looter), the middle manager (protester), the generals (Sharpton, Jackson, Holder) to the Commander in Chief (sadly, also our actual CIC).

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to have not pissed me off yet.:)

17. Those aren't peaceful protesters.

18. :crackup::up:

19. chas

chas Well-Known Member

That was sarcasm ;)

20. You mean like at these "peaceful" football demonstrations?:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcLescObZZY

Or how about a demonstration for a man who covered up for a pedophile?:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTwk-2fKT7o

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014