1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 HP SV's Please?

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Nov 20, 2002.

1. a600ccgirl

a600ccgirl Well-Known Member

That rocks!! Thank you. I'm so glad someone understood what I was asking.

2. a600ccgirl

a600ccgirl Well-Known Member

OK so then the average guy racer is what, 170 lbs? (Geez I hope I don't piss anybody off here-not an expert on weights), that means that I would have an 7-8 hp advantage given the same bike.

Well I'm still screwed cause I'd need more than that probably to keep up with ya'll in LWT having not done much to the bike and meager skills at best. Looks like I better get busy.

Hey somebody up there mentioned tank spacers. I thought some people got in trouble for those last year. Someone let me know so I may partake if I can.

3. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

Tank spacers are not supersport legal so you cannot run them in D-Superbike, but you can in LW Twins

4. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

The combined weight is more like 560lbs with 170 lbs rider (D-super SV is around 370lbs + 170 rider + 20 lbs gear).

5. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

a600ccgirl, since your question about weight/HP has been answered I thought I would throw in another $0.02 worth. Concentrate more on your SV suspension set-up at first. Gaining 1-2 HP is always good, but getting your bike to handle well will benefit you more.

Properly set-up forks and a good shock will make a world of difference.

I weigh 230 without gear...my SV is stock...I might need the carbon fiber tank spacers.

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I've also heard the 7 lbs = 1 hp. Why do you think the bathrooms are always full right before the riders' meeting? :)

I agree in that the suspension is everything - even more so than the motor at most tracks. Plus it's cheaper to start out with.

Tank spacers ay? I'll have to look into that ..

- eddie

7. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Re: 2wf

Anybody have a link to this?? I can't seen to find it on the 2wf site.

Thanks

8. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

I wouldn't even touch it unless it had 86 ft-lbs !!! :D

To get your HP ratio divide the weight of the bike and rider by the HP of the bike. This gets you lbs / HP In Martins example the ratio is 560lbs / 70HP = 8 lbs/1HP

Don

9. sv tinker

sv tinker Well-Known Member

Re: Re: 2wf

Rich, I believe your looking for TeamInfotech.com. Nice bike, nicer owner.

10. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

I had two SV's a 69 hp and an 80+ earlier this year and I must say I was as fast on the 69 hp bike as the 80+ bike. The low Hp bike had to be set up perfectly and I had to push harder to do the same lap times.

So basically what I'm saying is use the lower Hp bike until you are really fast or you may become lazy with the high Hp bike and never take your riding to the next level.

....but damn that built SV was fun!!

11. Martin M

You might do the same times or be even faster on your lower hp bike (especialy when I was chasing you :) ). But the build bike is much more difficult to pass during race. I think you did faster times on the SS bike at Roebling early this year, no ?

12. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: 2wf

Ah, I should have figured that. You're right about Jurgen, heck of a good guy. I was glad to see them do well this year.

13. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Martin:

Your chasing did help me to get faster. You passed me in a double draft at the line at VIR cycle jam when I was on the low hp (red) SV. You and the young kid at the March Roebling sportsman were in front for awhile until we restarted and I realized I was gonna have to go faster to win.....so I'm not sure the red bike was easier to pass....but I do know that the built bike helped out on the starts and was easier to ride consistantly good laptimes without feeling like I was on the edge.

Lap times at Roebling were a shade quicker on the built bike because of the long straight. I was doing some pretty good lap times in practice when the turn 5 incident happened with Kratchet (sp)....I was really working to get some good times that weekend.

14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

No, I've drooled twice now over this post, once over the 100 HP SV on teaminfotech.com, and once over the thought of more single women racing at the track.....:D

15. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

Rich, How the heck are you doing?

That's too bad about the 100HP Denver SV - I always thought we had the fastest one. I know it is not a racer so it must be a street rider with a 100HP-SV

Damn - these guys are getting serious these days

Rich - are you gonna run some nationals next year?

Jurgen

16. JurgenW

Re: Re: Re: 2wf

Sorry mate - ours doesn't make anywhere near 100HP. - I was wondering who has a 100HP SV since I've never seen racing in the MRA with even close that.

Jurgen

www.teaminfotech.com

17. Martin M

I was talking only about the lap times the first time we were at roebling, I thought you went faster on the red bike. The National round in Roebling sucked for quite a few people including me. I had a blast racing with you. The D super race in Roebling was one of the best I had so far, I was trying sooo hard on my 67 hp naked bike to beat you :)
    Yeah I know I only beat you once but it was a big thing for me and it felt really good :)

18. JurgenW

Hey Martin,

congrats on the "ex" part of your signature. For some reason, I have the strange feeling that LW Supertwins will be some of the best WERA racing next season has to offer. I can't wait to watch ...

Good luck - and quit humping that big "Tight Sqeeze Tank"

Jurgen :D

19. Martin M

Thanks Jurgen !
    Tell Jeff to come in here for some bench racing.
    And by the way, that tank is not really that big but if we can make it just a bit higher we might not need a bodywork at all :)

20. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

david doe claimed to have 100hp at daytona last year. ed key borrowed his bike to win some races there this year at the ROC, also claiming to have 100 hp. robert fisher beat david doe twice on our MB motorsports sv700 last year to win the lightweight superbike national championship. to claim to have the fastest sv without ever having raced daytona or even winning there is wishfull thinking at best. our bike walked by does bike on the banking like he was standing still all weekend. :D

hey jurgen:p