1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 HP SV's Please?

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Nov 20, 2002.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

he has proved that he can double post though. :D

2. sv tinker

sv tinker Well-Known Member

unless this guy weighs 300lbs an 80hp 250lb gp hybrid is no test of ones skill against sv's.:rolleyes:

3. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

You've never heard of Brian Surtees?

4. sv tinker

sv tinker Well-Known Member

the name sounds familiar......did he win something at the GNF?:confused:

5. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Uh Brian...chill out. I'e ridden with both Matt and Frank. Both are good clean riders in my experience. (Though I do know the way Frank rides...he takes a large bit of real estate.) :)

As for doing 18's at Roebling...BTDT. So has Matt & Frank. Not everybody is fast everytime they go out.

I don't get this WERA vs CCS thing. Most of the racers are the same guys.

Uh....cause I did. Robert made a mistake...and I benefitted from it. That being said...Robert, Matt, and Frank showed incredible sportsmanship thought the incident.

So according to you...if you don't win every race you should slink away? Hmmmm

Bold words. So that means you'd win any race at your local track....Summit Point? Let's see....250 lb bike, 75 hp. Against 370 lb 72 hp Sv's. Uh huh. Then again, try against a superbike SV, I don't think you'd win.

What's that quote about arguing on the internet? :)

Come on BW...step in here!!!

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

nah, i ride an R1. he don't want none. and god help him if i get matt blashfield to build it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2002
  7. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Awww...come on. Make him your beeyotch!!! :)

8. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

9. Mblashfield

brian, i would like to suggest that you change your source of "fact" about matt blashfield. maybe you dont understand what "fact" means. maybe you have mistaken the word "fuct" for "fact". i think thats why you keep getting fuct with your facts. i could be wrong, but i dont think so.

10. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

"Ah dude, Brian Surtees doesn't have to prove anything on a SV."

Dude sure makes a lot of assumptions, though.

Are there any dyno charts around for that 80-hp TZR250?

11. Mblashfield

12. Rossirules

Rossirules Well-Known Member

To say I use a cheater bike may not be a good assumption. It's OK by the rules in CCS. Read them. Last guy who said that about my bike turned out to be cheating. Or let's say must have been,because he refused teardown on his bike(FZR)after racing Doe the first year the SVs were out.The TZR is only run in SB classes( GT Lights ) and SV's can go to 700 under SB rules. Is that unfair considering it is a TZR/TZ, when an SV won F2 expert at the GNF or finished 2nd/3rd in LWGP expert at the ROC. SVs seem to be a pretty competetive bike.

Also,since it is a SB class,just like LW TWINS, the comeback about racing against 72hp SVs makes no sense. Those guys on 72hp SVs shouldn't be expecting to win SB when there are guys RUNNING SBs. It's like critcising Aaron Yates for running a factory SB in AMA SB when guys like DiSalvo and Haskovec are running SS bikes. I guess don't let the SS bikes run in that class?

And no, just because you don't win every race doesn't mean don't race. But, if you're going to try and call someone out and say "cause I got tired of beating guys like you" , then you should say that on some sort of basis. And I never said I'd win all the races anywhere. Read the posts

Frank may be a fair racer. It did not seem like it to me on that day however. Maybe there is something underlying,but you just don't pull stuff like he did. If it was an accident, I would've expected some sort of communication.

Ultimately, this post was about SVs in the 90-100hp range. I'll stick to what I said, I don't think that is all that impossible. Ask Tripp Nobles. He got beat by an SV with a lot of HP at Daytona.

13. Frank Stroman

Frank Stroman Member

Brian, I really enjoyed racing with you a few years back. Competition was always intense between us and I always respected your skills as a racer. That particular day at Road Atlanta, (the incident) was one of the most energy filled I can remember. I have relived that incident in my head many times since then and I don't think I would have changed a thing other than you going off the track(we would have had the mother of all duels that day). I assure you it was a racing incident, I would never intetionally run someone off the racing surface. I remember like it was yesterday, I came around the next lap and saw you standing on the bank near the track,helmet off, obscene gestures and all, I thought to myself...man this guy is pissed! I remember squinting a little as I went past you cause I thought you were going to throw something at me(glad you didn't). Anyway, hope your brother has calmed down since then and I wish you well in future races. Maybe I'll see you at VIR Cycle Jam next year, In the meantime watch out for those big guys riding EX's.:)

14. Mblashfield

TEST-TEST-TEST this is a test to see if anyone has read my last few posts, this is just a test, im not getting any response to my last few posts.
    TESTING-ONE TWO.....TESTING ONE TWO.

15. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

I'd rather argu with Angus. Admit it...he's the leader in your pack. :))

16. Rossirules

Rossirules Well-Known Member

Hey Frank, good to see your post. On my part I must admit that what I did after the actual collision and me coming to a stop in 5 was not particularly brilliant. Maybe it was the competetiveness we had that precipitated my behavior after the incident.

Anyway, I consider it squashed and am just glad to hear your side of it. Also, the feeling towards your on-track abilities are mutual. Like I said in a previous post, I always knew it would be a fight when heading down to Ga and running across you. If there were spectators watching, I'm sure they got a kick out of us. Good luck and I'm sure you'll be just as successful in business as you were in racing. See you next year.