1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 Moto America Daytona 200 provisional tech regs..

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Oct 5, 2021.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

As usual you missed the point. Was simply highlighting the point that no tire change under red means a trip to the tire guy to swap the old tire to a fresh rim. Certainly more time consuming that swapping old rim and tire for new rim with new tire

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Why? The Long P company has found the fastest and longest lasting tire is the Daytona spec

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

if there's red flag, with 2 laps to go, a soft compound may be the way to go at Daytona to sprint those last 2 laps ... with a soft compound, not Dspec tire, outright instant grip to get a jump on the pack, is possible. I agree that for a few laps or more, a daytona spec tire is fastest, and longest lasting. there are variables to consider of course.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Been there, done that so I'll disagree, and probably Wyman & Paasch would do the same

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I don't think I've ever been a part of any endurance race, as a racer or as a crew member, where we didn't have (at least) another set of tires ready to go on warmers at all times. I would suggest anyone considering running the 200 to do the same.

6. evomach

evomach Well-Known Member

Except he's saying he couldn't mount the tire/wheel from the warmers without doing a lap after the red flag restart in order to pit for the tire change.

notbostrom likes this.
  7. notbostrom

Bingo

8. notbostrom

Rule says you can't change tires.....

9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Define "tire change".

You believe the rules will allow you to remove the rim, bring it to the tire tent, swap the used tire to another rim and be placed back on the motorcycle during a red flag?

If you stuff a bike hard enough to bend a rim, I'm wagering the competitive part (and probably the rest) of your race is over.

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I'm still thinking about how much fun a rider would be having with a bent wheel at 150 plus half way up the banking experiencing 3gs or more going into Nascar 4 and heading towards the tri oval

noles19 likes this.
  11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I rode a bent wheel around daytona.

I believe I bent it exiting the chicane and let me tell you that I couldn’t get to the pits fast enough.

12. khill

khill Well-Known Member

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I completely forgot that the GSXR 750 was in production.

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Letting the GSXR 750 in contradicts what is said in the first part of the article where it says inline 4s up to 636... but I see at the bottom where they mention the 750 for moto america specifically and they don't have a rev limit max yet for that bike per the chart.

It seems they are doing something similar to what AFT is doing where they are trying to gain parity between middleweight and superbike like AFT with Production twins and Super twins to eventually get to one class and eliminate one. Thoughts on that?

16. grasshopper

What bikes are required to run spec ECUs? All non traditional middleweight / Supersport bikes correct?

17. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

750 sounds great, till M4 gets involved with their factory funding and just rolls over everyone.

Circacee and badmoon692008 like this.
  18. grasshopper

Is the engine in all the 2021 / 22 Suzuki 750 models the same engine as the GSXR750?

upload_2021-12-29_12-10-38.png

19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Pretty much. All the new homologations were only homologated with the spec ECU. MA's provisional regs of course didn't have this long list of bikes. But they'll probably address it soon.

20. khill

khill Well-Known Member

It will have to run under the New Generation rules......so it will have an adjusted rev limit and no other engine mods.