1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 Moto America Daytona 200 provisional tech regs..

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Oct 5, 2021.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Shinkos for the win...

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep and I heard they have secret Q tires too!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

This is what the provisional rules say;
    2.3.8 Use of tires
    a. The competitors shall only use tires listed on the allocation sheet provided by the official supplier.
    b. For each event, all tires must be made of the same quality and shall be strictly identical.

Both of these rules would indicate that there will be an official supplier and that all tires from that brand will be to spec.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Interesting... this sure reads like it will be Dunlop

upload_2021-11-22_12-1-42.png

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

https://www.daytonainternationalspe...ay-and-motoamerica-team-for-2022-daytona-200/

rcarson15 and grasshopper like this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

These tires rules prevent a supplier from making custom or one-off tires for a limited number of competitors. Every brand must make their approved tires available to all competitors that want to run that brand. All championships with open tire rules that I have seen have something similar.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

It doesn't look like that to me since we already know Daytona has mandated the 200 to be an open tire race. But it sure seems that meeting these requirements for Michelin, BStone, Shinko, Conti, or whoever will be difficult unless they bring in factory engineers/techs to manage the event.

Secondly does the "allocation will be done on a random basis" mean that MA will have staff in each tire garage to pull tires from the stack? Yikes, they are going to need a bunch of extra staff to do this as the rule is written.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    grasshopper likes this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yes, if you mean tires designed for the demands of the Daytona race track.

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

About a zillion years ago I was at Daytona and NASB Sportbike qualifying was going on. Dave McGrath put on a 501 rear for qualifying and it lasted 2 laps before it chunked.

10. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

They've got some good dirt bike tires, their gummy tire has lots of grip.

5axis likes this.
  11. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

What use to be the % when CCS did the D200 ?

Any other major changes from what it was ?
    Don't really know since my bike has been legal in both organisations... and up here in CSBK.

Got an interview on a Podcast and will get asked some Daytona questions.

If anyone is interested in seeing my ugly mug:
    Please join us tonight from 8-9pm EST. Tonight's special guest Alex Coelho…
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85951695591

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    Gino230 likes this.
  12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

CCS rules differences: Cutoff was 110%. But it was also a higher number of riders, I want to say in the 80's in some sessions. There was no pit lane speed limit, and you could not touch the bike when fueling was going on. You also could change tires on a red flag which means you could potentially avoid green flag tire changes.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  13. metricdevilmoto

Right. You still had to do a stop (or at least enter the pits) under green flag conditions, though. You couldn't go the whole race pitting only under red flags. It was a good rule, I thought.

Gino230 likes this.
  14. Gino230

Barrett Long ran a Dunlop 2662 rear for 2 laps on his 848. It was chunked after that. Maybe 4 years ago?

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

i wouldn't expect a 2662 front slick to last more than a couple of laps on the rear... :)

tawzx12r likes this.
  16. Gino230

There used to be a 2662 rear compound. Then they renamed it 097 I believe? I brain dumped all the old numbers!

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Get off your high horse and YOU think about it. Never seen a bent wheel still holding air?

18. metricdevilmoto

Yeah, here's me looking down from my ivory tower at someone on a 600 who made a conscious decision to ride around Daytona on a bent rim to try and salvage a 48th place finish. :rolleyes:

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

lmfaoooooo

Dude I just spit coffee all over my keyboard.

Hey man, 48th, what it pay?

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

on 600's ?? .. you betcha. 2-4 laps could be no issue in some circumstances.