2020 Schedule Changes

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 27, 2020.

  1. DBConz

    DBConz Registered Idiot

    ok thanks. the pre-reg deadline is normally 2 weeks before the event right? i only race a few WERA events per year, so i'm a little rusty with this stuff.
  2. Mongo

    Mongo Administrator

    Deadline is Sunday at midnight before the event for the Saturday races and Monday at midnight for the Sunday races. So there will be a week if I get my crap together today... No promises :D
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

    Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

    Hey Mongo
    Gov Whitler is opening the UP and the northern lower peninsula for restaurants, etc. So maybe the Grattan area will open sometime soon
    t11ravis likes this.
  4. Mongo

    Mongo Administrator

    Hope so. We've got until August for there. Current concerns are Summit in 3 weeks followed by Nelson the weekend after. Ohio is starting to look up but haven't read through the executive orders there yet to see if they're as messed up as WV is.
  5. APO2112

    APO2112 Well-Known Member

    Any info on Summit Point June 6th? We have an endurance team that needs to start planning. I know you guys are doing everything you can, just have to ask unfortunately. Thanks for the assistance!
  6. Mongo

    Mongo Administrator

    Nothing official but my gut says there's not much chance the way WV is doing things and their inability to clarify the executive orders they put out.
    APO2112 likes this.
  7. joec

    joec brace yourself

  8. britx303

    britx303 Struggling stoic.......

    My daughter and I are doing a hare scramble the weekend prior to y’all’s round at summit, and coincidentally it’s relatively close to summit in West Virginia. We just got the all clear a day or 2 ago. We still have to do all the social distancing thing though in the paddock
  9. Mongo

    Mongo Administrator

    cool, we might get lucky
  10. britx303

    britx303 Struggling stoic.......

    I hope so. My wife is crunching the numbers to see if I can getaway with 2 race weekends in a row at this very second. I’ve been looking forward to WERA back at summit and would like to come give some V6-7 or 8 support. Hope y’all get’r ironed out
    Ducti89 likes this.
  11. koth442

    koth442 Active Member

    Is camping going to be allowed at Road Atlanta?
  12. Mongo

    Mongo Administrator

    I'm trying to figure out if we're even doing it but yes, if we do you'll be able to camp like normal.
  13. Mark Badillo

    Mark Badillo Member

    Yesterday. Ohio Governor opens up including wedding receptions inside up to 300 people with distancing etc. Looks like Nelson outdoors would be allowed but don't know the language. Bowling, training, dining and larger social groups also mentioned during state of the state address. Just saying! Hopefully more than just riders.
    JJJerry and jksoft like this.
  14. Mongo

    Mongo Administrator

    Nelson looks fine.
  15. renegade17

    renegade17 Well-Known Member

    How are you feeling about VMDs?
  16. Mongo

    Mongo Administrator

    Not the slightest clue. I'm sure we could run all the different races - but given the event is about the event as a whole and is a benefit for the museum I can't see a reason to run it without the swap meet and spectators - but that isn't remotely close to my pay grade so that's just a personal opinion. I know they want to run it but that's all I have so far. Guessing it'll depend on Ohio opening more in the next couple of weeks. There's still plenty of time to figure that one out.
  17. DBConz

    DBConz Registered Idiot

    when is the deadline for the decision on Summit? i have to give work a vacation notice if the event is happening.
    cyclocrossfool likes this.
  18. Mongo

    Mongo Administrator

    Well, thought it was yesterday but they got really hopeful so today...
  19. Mongo

    Mongo Administrator

    Okey dokey... Our latest change due to the covids - to make up for missing the Roebling and Talladega National events we are going to make the August 22-23 a double header for the Sportsman races as originally scheduled and we are adding in the National Challenge Series classes on both days. I'll have a schedule up and pre entry open in the next day or two.

    Working out what to do for Cycle Jam, more on that later....
  20. wheelz96

    wheelz96 Well-Known Member

    Would the Atlanta races on 9/5 and 9/6 be a National each day as well?

    Wish I could make the Tally Nationals but we will be on vacation. My tires are greatful tho...

Share This Page