1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

This engine is a V configuration (obviously), so it mounts on the front cylinders and rear cylinder heads. [​IMG]

2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

If you can afford to race a V4, you can afford to replace the frame. :D

Chris, Phl218, gixxerboy55 and 3 others like this.
  3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Like....seriously?

Phl218 and turbulence like this.
  4. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Wow. Nothing on the bottom. I haven't worked on anything newer but all the older I4 bikes mounted at the 2 points in the front then 1 at the back. So is the swingarm mounted directly to the engine case? That's nuts. Yeah give it a lateral torque and you're gonna have a bad time.

5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

this isn't a new thing... the 899/959/1199/1299 line of bikes didn't even have a frame and everything was mounted right to the motor.

ducnut likes this.
  6. nlzmo400r

A brand new one from Ducati MSRP is $1734.93. I'd guess a used one could be found for half that. Even call it $1k, not unreasonable. A new 2018 GSXR1000R Frame from Suzuki for comparison : $2307.92.

ducnut likes this.
  7. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Thanks for that. Don't know jack about Italian twins. That sounds dirty.

8. nlzmo400r

Since the 916 in 1994 the swingarm has mounted directly to the engine case in all Ducati superbikes. But the v4 does in fact mount the rear subframe off the rear cylinder head and swingarm off the engine, so the frame has no reason to extend back that far.

The 2 cylinder panigales were similar, but also used the frame as the airbox, so by calling it the airbox instead of the frame, they got to say that it had no frame lol. The new v4 has a proper plastic airbox.

9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Right, because Suzuki would never have a frame come apart or crack. :crackup:

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Ducatis way back into the 80’s (Pantah) have had the swingarm directly mounted to the engine.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

LOLZ... either the best deadpan sarcasm ever or....

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Yes....want to make sure the competition has plenty of time to catch up and pass them.....oh....wait....

13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I thought it was a 2020 to be sold alongside the base model which is a carryover from 2017? Base model is 2017 bike, SP is this new bad mofo

14. nlzmo400r

I think news was it will be available at some point next year as a 2021 model. I’d guess by summer (June?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. I can't speak for the V4, ive never raced prepped one. I can only speak for the 1299S, which was race prepped, and weighed afterwards. So I am not talking OEM or magazine weights, I am talking real world weight.

Based on what I have seen in the real world, 20-30lbs of actual weight isn't a stretch at all. I don't trust any of the figures published by the OEMs, or magazines.

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Get y’all down thread ya Ducati ball lickers!!! This one bout dat HRC goodness!!!

Now why o why couldn’t Honda just get Vale to ride for them again and all would be right in the world.

im Keeping my fingers crossed for a 600RR. If they do come out with one I’ll be the first to have a deposit on one. If not I’ll give it two years and get one of these.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. nlzmo400r

You know damn well a new 600rr wouldn’t be any cheaper or faster than a current R6. A 750rr now...hmm

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Some people just like the way a Honda rides.

bored&stroked likes this.
  19. nlzmo400r

Slowly?

stk0308, Shocker and Gorilla George like this.
  20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

In club racing all 600s are the same shit