1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Same issues, different numbers.

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Nowhere near as good looking as the last decade of GSX-Rs...

rice r0cket likes this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

WingLeaner likes this.
  5. WingLeaner

WingLeaner The Medium Labowski

This quote from the article says a lot about Honda:
    “Honda tells us that in total about 300 units are affected by the pending recall, which is roughly a tenth of the total bikes expected to ship to European countries.

It is important to note that there have been zero failures of the connecting rods in the wild, and the recall comes from Honda trying to head-off any potential issues before this important sport bike goes on the market.

For those of us in the United States, we can rest easy on this news, as the recall has no effect on the supply of bikes coming to North America.”

That’s honorable for a manufacturer to do. There’s very few machines POSSIBLY effected, and they’re being proactive to limit any potential issues. Yamaha should take note :)

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Could you imagine if Suzuki proactively recalled their recalls before they were on the streets? They would have never made it into squid hands!

Razr likes this.
  7. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Suzuki doesn't have big problems, like defective transmissions, or oil burning that needs engine replacement, or some kinda mysterious connecting rod problem.

stk0308 and Steeltoe like this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

Guess if you ignore the frames snapping in half and the brake MC failing, I guess you'd be right.

9. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

psht. frames are overrated

MachineR1 likes this.
  10. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

And the transmission issues in the 2000 750.

11. gixxerboy55

You mean the frames that break when you crash into a concrete barrier.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They really need to consider building their frames stronger to be able to withstand impacts like that.

I mean, some of us are trying to ride ourselves home afterwards.

13. gixxerboy55

I don't know what happened to Honda, maybe they decided to concentrate on cars. Nice to see they finally got serious. My last Honda street bike was the 900rr, then a 2001 gsxr 1000. Suzuki's are easy to work on, easy to get parts and very reliable.

G 97 likes this.