1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

With the lack of simple forged wheels and rubber brake lines up front from the videos/pics we've seen they better have a flashed H2 motor in that thing stock.

Senna and Gorilla George like this.
  2. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Destroys it how? Spec sheet racing says they should be pretty close in my eyes. Similar power output, very similar bosch based electronics. Sure there are differences in frame design/stiffness/weight distribution etc but that'll be manufacturer specific with any of the models. The Honda RR-R^3 certainly seems the most race focused package of the Japanese offerings.

HPPT likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This is good. :D

4. nlzmo400r

So much cheaper than actual racing.

5. Even if the brakes/electronics/etc are the same, the Panidropper V4-R will (probably) make 20-30hp more, and weigh 20-30lbs less.

Not to mention having the mechanical grip of the V4 motor.

If they are priced the same, the Duc is a no brainer. If the R x infinity is $15k cheaper, then it might make more sense.

6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

You fell hard for that Ducati marketing, eh?

They never publish wet weights and only ever parrot the dry weight because they're never the lightest and always heavier when compared apples to apples. Their actual measured power figures are always within 10 hp of everyone else, despite claiming 30+ hp more in their marketing materials.

418 likes this.
  7. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

The Honda is much less susceptible to self-immolation at the very least.

gixxerboy55 likes this.
  8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

The panigale twins were/pretty light. But everything I’ve seen on the V4 for actual weight was within 5 to ten pounds of everything else. Seem to dyno pretty close to the others. But I haven’t seen anyone go full Broome on one so who knows if there is more buried in there. Are they even tunable yet?

9. nlzmo400r

V4R - 418lbs with carbon wheels, 4lbs lighter than a V4 speciale WITHOUT carbon wheels.
    V4R Dynod at 203hp peak, 78ft lbs peak. The v4 speciale (with akra) made 203hp 89ft lbs.

I can't imagine the CBRRR100000RRRRRRSP2 making less than about 200whp with an equivalent exhaust system. I also seriously doubt it'll weight much more than 420lbs or so wet. Especially given the previous gen weighed 430lbs wet. Trust me, the Honda will be in the ballpark for sure.

Engine characteristics regarding firing order and resulting rear tire grip can be debated forever, but I think we know which will be more 'exciting' to ride lol.

source:

10. nlzmo400r

The video I linked above shows similarly modded v4 Ducatis being about 20-25lbs lighter than the Aprilias. I understand the Aprilias are on the heavier side compared to other 1000cc superbikes these days.

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are 25ish pounds up on everyone else. So the numbers line up.

12. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

My uneducated SWAG.....4-5 lbs less than the current model and the horsepower of a 2010 Kawasaki ZX-10.

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I thought the new RSV dropped the weight?

14. nlzmo400r

even if they initially drop it, they always have trouble keeping it off. In this particular video his RSV41100 Factory with Carbon wheels was 437lbs wet, his 2017 999cc RF without CF wheels was 449lbs. So the new one was in fact lighter, but the "old one" was 25lbs heavier than the Ducati V4S, and about 30lbs heavier than the V4R (Carbon wheels). The new 1100 V4 Factory was only about 15-20lbs heavier than teh Ducatis.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. No, I didn't fall for shit.

"they're never the lightest and always heavier when compared apples to apples"...in my experience, that is complete horseshit.

It has nothing to do with marketing, nor is it based on bias. Anybody that knows me knows I am not biased towards any of them. They are tools for a purpose. I don't give a shit what brand they are. Hell, I've actually had more Suzuki's than anything else. My comments are based on real world experience, after having race prepped multiple Jap Liter bikes, plus an RSV4 and a Panigale.

The Panigale is/was much lighter than all of them. For that matter, the Panigale is even lighter than my R6.

16. Nope. It still has that heavyass frame, swingarm, etc. And while compact, that engine is heavy as hell.

With the new one, they equipped it with a lightweight Li battery, and a couple of other small things. I forget exactly, but it was some shit that had to do with OEM stuff (license plate assembly or some shit like that).

Its the same it has always been. They give it that super tiny tail section, almost nonexistent subframe, and now a lightweight battery, in order to reduce the weight of the bike off the showroom floor. It is still heavier than others, but not as bad as it could be. The difference is that all of that shit comes off when race prepping it. So other bikes can lose a ton of weight once race prepped, the RSV4 does not. End result, is that the RSV4 weighs about 50-60lbs more than the Panigale in race trim. Having pushed them in and out of a trailer back-to-back, the difference is very noticeable.

Senna likes this.
  17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

The ‘regular’ version will be a BNG of this years model and nothing like the RR-R.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

:crackup:

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Oh that's right, the quadruple-R is a 2021 model technically, right?

20. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Is lighter or feels lighter?

So Ducati quotes the V4R at 172 kg dry.

The Japanese mfgs stopped quoting dry weights, but last they did, both the R1 and GSXR were quoted at 170kg, the CBR at 175kg.

So 20-30 (actual) lbs seems like a stretch, don't ya think?