1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Bostrom is a better rider. :Poke:

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

cpettit and ducnut like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

The manufactures moved on well before Superbikes went to 1000cc. In the AMA Pro 750 SuperSport class Suzuki’s gsxr dominance basically killed that class for other manufactures. The Daytona in 1996 perfectly illustrated this when the GSXR 750 showed up that year. The paddock was all a buzz. Over the season all the other manufacturers and factory backed teams basically threw in their towels with their 750 SuperSport efforts, while several privateers soon changed their bikes to the GSXR. Over the years it basically turned into the Suzuki 750 cup class.

I would also say that the Superbike 750 to 1000 displacement change was greatly influenced and motivated by the fact that the Suzuki 750 was so dominate and that the other manufacturers basically stopped any development on their own 750s and the gap in performance continued to grow in Suzuki’s favor. So what better way for the other manufacturers to try and even the playing field by pressing AMA Pro Racing to go with 1000cc Inline 4 displacement. How Kawasaki managed to hang on as well as they did and for how long they did with their outdated zx750 is nothing short of a small miracle.

Razr, K51000 and fastedyamaha like this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

I still can’t believe EBoz won at Road America on that thing. He was wringing the neck on it for all it was worth. Probably one of the best races he’s ever raced. IIRC he was also racing in the 750 SS class as well. Dude was on it that weekend. Pike Peak wasn’t as big as a surprise on these tight technical track but RA is a horsepower track. Just crazy thinking back on it again now.

5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

This is bullshit. It was supposed to be at the tokyo show meaning we'd have answers today.

TX Joose likes this.
  6. cesj

cesj Member

7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

bored&stroked likes this.
  8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

The srad was ugly as fack but it was a huge leap from the first generation water cooled gsxr

Chris, KneeDragger_c69 and stk0308 like this.
  9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

:mad:

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Damn. I was startin to like you in this thread. Now we bout to fight.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:I know…

12. fastedyamaha

dude. You know that I’m right. My 93 is my all time favorite regular edition of that bike.

13. fastedyamaha

what’s the angry face for?

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It ain't the purdiest but why you gotta be mean?

15. fastedyamaha

ritchie ate all the crayons, you can’t draw yourself a map to get at me so I ain’t skeered at all. The end.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

17. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Attached Files:

18. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Man, I went back and tried to find the pictures of the pirate bike from over a decade ago and all the links are broken. :(