1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

pretty sure it was widely acknowledged that Suzuki destroyed the 750 class. It wasn’t because they went to 1000cc superbikes.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  3. They have zero competition in that class because everyone else moved on when 1000s became the premier class. It is easy to be the dominant bike in the class, when nobody else makes a bike for that class.

4. fastedyamaha

Ugh the other manufacturers couldn’t outsell the gsxr750 and they sure as shit couldn’t beat it on the track for the championship other than Honder building a cheater bike for Nicky who rode the wheels off of it.

ShadowBoxer, G 97 and stk0308 like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The front cowl and rear tail make me think ZX-10 for some reason.

JTRC51 and crazymofo like this.
  6. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Agreed! I thought the front fairing was zx10 lol.. one way to hide the final products form!

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m digging it so far

Shocker likes this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

What year did they switch to 1000 cc superbikes? I seem to remember the ZX7 doing well up until 99 or so and the R7 was no slouch either. The Duc 999 won plenty as did the Rc51. Suziki racked up so many wins because of Mladin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMA_Superbike_champions#By_manufacturer

9. fastedyamaha

RC51 only won the one championship with Nicky. Rc30 and rc45 were not mass produced street bikes available to the common Joe nor was the r7. There’s a reason why they were building special homologation race bikes for the street and Suzuki wasn’t.

G 97 likes this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2003 was the first year they allowed I4 1000cc's

Kawi didn't release the ZX-10 until 2004, so they were initially running ZX-7's bored out to 800cc's....

as you can see Mladin on the GSXR-1K and Bostrom on the ZX-8? :D

If I recall correct, Bostrom actually won a race @ Pikes Peak and another at Road America with that heavy ass 800 that year amazingly.

[​IMG]

11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Weren't the 100o I4s restricted? Intake restrictors or something like that. At least for the first year or two, which incentivized the 750/800 machines. But the twins kept their 1000cc capacity and no restrictions.

12. fastedyamaha

I guarantee that once Muzzy worked his magic it wasn’t a “heavy ass” ninja anymore :beer:

G 97, ducnut, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

On the world stage yes, in the US no.....

https://www.roadracingworld.com/new...nsider-quitting-ama-superbike-over-new-rules/

In May 2002, the FIM and World Superbike organizers announced 2003 rules which will allow 1000cc four-cylinder machines to compete against current 750cc four-cylinder machines and 1000cc Twins but do so with air restrictors (1 x 26.3mm, or 2 x 18.7mm) in the intake tract. Minimum weight limits for each engine configuration have been set with 750cc Fours at 159 kg (350 pounds), 1000cc V-Twins at 162 kg (357 pounds) and 1000cc Fours at 168 kg (370 pounds). Other than the air restrictors, the bikes will have only the normal Superbike engine and chassis modification limits.

The AMA’s plan to integrate 1000cc four-cylinder machines into Superbike racing alongside 750cc four-cylinders and 1000cc twin-cylinders differs from the rule structure of any other sanctioning body. AMA Pro Racing is proposing that current 750cc four-cylinder and 1000cc twin-cylinder Superbikes will be allowed to run in their current state of tune at their current 355-pound minimum weight limit. New for 2003, 1000cc three and four-cylinder machines, or “multis”, will be allowed in America’s premier class with Superbike chassis and weight limits of 360 pounds for Triples and 370 pounds for Fours. (Current Formula Xtreme bikes are required to weigh at least 365 pounds.)

G 97 likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

First off, y'all are in discussion based on something gixxer said, which is a mistake. Never listen to him. :D

(Although the ZX7, R7 and every GSX-R 750:p are my absolute favorite motorcycles. Boy if Yamaha brought back the R7 I'd flip quicker than the Bautisticles did this season.)

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, this is a time period before Broome even knew motorcycles existed. :D

16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

This is true, in that, the 750 Supersport class in AMA was abandon by everyone but Suzuki. Because no one wanted to build a bike within the 750 supersport rules to compete with it. Everyone else concentrated on their superbike specials to compete in the 750 4cyl superbike rules set. Prior to the universal 1000cc limit rule set.

G 97 likes this.
  17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So did they debut the bike yet?

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Odds they can finish ahead of BMW next season in WSBK or BSB?

19. Unlikely.

The BMW is one of the most powerful and best bikes off the floor, but was still slow in WSBK trim. Its lack of power killed Sykes all season.

Now they have had a year to develop and work on new parts. It should be a lot better next year.

Even if this new CBR rolls off the floor with 200hp, that’s still no guarantee it will be worth a shit in Superbike trim.

R1M370 likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds