1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ever ridden a GSX-R 750? Drop one tooth on the front sprocket and it's the best of everything. You don't have to wring it's neck to enjoy it but you can if you want and not worry much about it biting.

K51000, TSAVO5150, Bloodhound and 2 others like this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

750 came to mind, too, although I don't like the styling of the latest GSX-Rs besides the 1000.

I haven't ridden a ton of bikes. I don't like most of the dealers around here as they're incredibly slimey feeling, and anything remotely fast they don't let you demo.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Of course it is.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

Well, until the answer is Hypermotard and Multistrada :D

turbulence and Gorilla George like this.
  5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

A thread about the sharper,stronger, faster, racier CBR1000RRRRRRRR and here we are posting about what makes the best street bike:)

track wagon likes this.
  6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Because if its anything like the 2017 redesign where they promised all the same exact things, then it will still be the best streetbike and nothing else.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well except for that whole being a Suzuki thing.

bored&stroked likes this.
  8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

...Fixed your typo...

Then again exactly how much had Yamaha changed from '08-'16?

9. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

So, who deserves the BNG title, after all? :crackup:

10. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Senna, Steeltoe, K51000 and 3 others like this.
  11. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

12. WingLeaner

WingLeaner The Medium Labowski

Maybe SP2

13. Yep, I raced one before (2009). Eddie raced one a few years ago too.

They are great bikes, by themselves...or when racing in the B classes against 600's. But against the modern Liter bikes, they are still overmatched.

Even if you make it all Superbikey, you are still down on HP and torque to the modern liter bikes...and the 750 isn't any lighter. The new liter bikes, with electronics, will leave a 750 for dead pulling out of the corners, especially the slower ones.

There was a time, about 10 years ago, when a 750 built properly could be the perfect weapon. Since then, Liter bikes have gained 30hp, dropped weight, became more compact, and added electronic rider aids.

It doesn't help that Suzuki has basically done fuckall with the 750 since 2006.

Bloodhound and ducnut like this.
  14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

@Gorilla George why would they? Even though it was before your time, Suzuki killed that class of bikes and have zero competition from the other manufacturers because of their domination. Now everyone is doing random engine sizes.

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

FIFY

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Not exactly. The change from 750 to 1000 cc for superbikes is why all the manufacturers left that "class" behind, not because Suzuki had some dominant machine.

Gorilla George and Dragginass like this.
  17. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

We were talking about street bikes there gixxer

19. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Bradl? However he uses the number 6 not 10.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Looks about right.....Bradl does wear Dainese and X-lite lids, just as this test rider is wearing.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2020-honda-cbr1000rr-fireblade/

"The bike in these pictures appears to be ridden by German Honda MotoGP test rider Stefan Bradl, judging by the 69 on the hump of the leathers, which famously pays tribute to the late Nicky Hayden."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]