1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Endurance Season

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by JBall, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

because we're spending a bunch of $$$ and want (a chance at) a trophy.

2. Tristan

Forgive me if it's been covered, but are the ULW Endurance rules same as the other classes? Specifically- SB rules and ok to run a big tank and dry break?

3. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Yes...at least it has been in the past...although need to let Sean chime in...maybe he's thinking only SB rules for the 400s this year...smaller displacements SS so they are sufficiently handicapped....:dead:

4. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

As far as I know, from last years interpretation of the rules, superstock rules apply to ultralight weight machines, no enlarged tanks or dry breaks...
    perhaps a word from our dear Mongo could clear up this question. Otherwise you could run two hours easy without a stop.

5. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Took a look at the rules real quick - my bad - you are correct - indicates SS machinery...I had never run SB machinery in the ULW...but had assumed you could especially since displacement isn't really pertinent....(now that's flogging)

adio1dog likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because that's how we like it?

Beers easy, just remind me and I have any I'll share :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

SS to match the Sprint class rules. Just made life simpler and its not an endurance without at least one stop even just for fuel.

8. Tristan

On the few occasions I rode for 2 hours straight it sure *felt* like Endurance!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Truth.

10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

From Mongo in the 2020 Information thread in Announcements: "Going to try and add an Endurance at Roebling at the July event but have to get details sorted before that is a 100% done deal."

Because June last year was not hot enough... We'll probably be there so we'll start hydrating now.

11. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Thanks for re-directing to here (would not have seen otherwise)...while you're busy hydrating, I'm going to start saving money for tires and make sure the impact driver is charged...
    I'll take it though...better than not having...

JBall likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even if you're just doing endurance racing keep an eye on the announcements forum as that's where any rules stuff or schedule stuff will go.

July at Roebling isn't usually bad, nice breeze and a quick storm every evening to keep the humidity up :D

JBall likes this.
  13. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Im glad I went back and read all 4 pages to see if anyone ask about the time of the endurance. I use to run only the Summit Rounds (2007-2011) and while at the track my team and I would always say....4 hours would be perfect LOL.
    So I am sorta glad its 4 hours this go round.
    More than anything....I am glad endurance is back at Summit Point.

14. Tristan

Had a (possibly stupid) thought... if the N400 is allowed in ULW, will it still be allowed to also run LW Endurance? It would be really cool to be able to run both in the same day/weekend.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly it'll depend on the riders as much as anything - cool is great but keep in mind how fast AOD is on the 1k... Actually leaning towards just saying no way to start with, didn't like them last year but had nowhere else for them.

16. Tristan

You coulda used another example...their heads are big enough already.

I get the concern, but from what I've observed the 400's are only down about 10 mph top speed vs. an SV. Lap time wise, I think I'd be within 3 seconds of my SV times (and still faster than a few MW and HW teams)

17. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

There's been some SV teams that I'd run up on during the endurance that had me saying "WTF" enough...a 400? No way.

18. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Obviously this case is a little different considering the team but I couldn't motor by Astudillo down the front straight at roebling on our SV... I exited the last corner with roughly the same speed as her. I was just barely gaining on her but not enough to pass her. This is probably because I'm fat!!!

JBall likes this.
  19. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I knew someone was going to try and make some abstract comparison, yeah, sure, at the right track, with a ringer rider on a 400, the difference between them and your average rider on a SV might not be that different. But that's not a holistic comparison and you know it, take into account the speed of an average joe on a 400 to the speed of the average joe on a SV or 1000. That's when the speed differential becomes a safety concern.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The 400's I allowed were in huge part allowed because of the riders. I could see making that same exception in the future but it would be an exception not the rule.