1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Endurance Season

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by JBall, Nov 19, 2019.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I just have a hard time justifying an added expense of a few hundred bucks for just one weekend. The little bikes really don't need one. I've been racing a 400 for 2 seasons without one just fine and majority of people that I know in this class also don't have one. Yes it's possible to get a tank slapper, but HIGHLY unlikely. I've yet to have one. MotoAmerica doesn't even require them in the junior cup class. Any chance we can get an allowance being a new team? :)

2. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a dick, but the guy in charge says you need one and I don’t think you’ll change his mind. At least in my experience and what I have seen here he isn’t going to change his mind.

sbk1198 likes this.
  3. sbk1198

Lol no offense taken, figured it was worth a try. After all people do change their minds occasionally when presented with good arguments/examples. And he did say he has let it slide for new teams, so thought I'd ask. It's a decision that makes a difference of hundreds of dollars for everyone on the team and WERA.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

5. sbk1198

Looking around at options, it looks like if I can just find a 41mm fork bracket I should be able to mount my Ohlins on, but all those brackets on ebay are from China and delivery is estimated Sept 1 - Oct 1 timeframe. Kind of a high risk of not getting it in time :/

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are plenty of options out there like that, just have to get creative - that's why the hundreds of dollars thing doesn't work on me. Had to figure out how to mount dampers on all sorts of new models that had no ready made solutions and every time it wound up being cheaper. Fork tube clamp and an L bracket to either the fairing brace or somewhere on the frame is always a favorite.

8. sbk1198

I will do my best. On a separate note, we would do the single weekend race license option. Do we have to get that in advance or can it be done Friday at the track?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can handle it at the track.

sbk1198 likes this.