1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 BBS Formula 1 Fantasy Racing League

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Mar 10, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had three retiring drivers and one car today. Haven't even bothered looking at the league. :mad:

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Looks like this thing is going to come down to who is in the draft going into the final race. :D

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've got Hamilton under contract through the remainder of the season. I guess this is how I lose this year. :D

4. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

DRS isn't strong enough for me. I think you've got it wrapped. You pulled on me again, iirc.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Check your teams, guys!

I couldn't log into the game (desktop application) on Sunday. Finally got in on Monday. Came back on Wednesday are yesterday to select my drivers. I checked today just on a hunch and all my changes were gone. My team was back to almost empty.

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I was only missing Grojean, already replaced.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had four expiring contracts on Sunday.

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

When I went to replace Grojean, I found it interesting that Russell assumed the same value as Hamilton. Did I say interesting? I meant “ what kind of bullshit is this?” :D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You wouldn't have been surprised if you'd read the rules. :D

Newsflash: Fittipaldi is worth the same as Grosjean and Aitken is worth Russell's old value!

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Pfffft rules you say.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Huge move from Merle this weekend! I don't know if I have ever scored that much. This might be the race that won new championship when it's all over. :clap:

rd49 didn't do too bad either. :)

I don't like my chances going into the final round. I've been forced to hire a Haas for the final two rounds, as it was all I could afford. :D

12. merle4

I got lucky with everyone from Racing Point. Imagine if I hadn't lost Verstappen! And my roster is completely open for the last round. Don't know if thats good or bad. Way closer than I expected to be. Next week should be interesting. And rd is right there to pick ip the pieces when we both screw the pooch.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, you've got this thing in the bag. All the top drivers are going to be cheaper this week for sure.

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol I thought I was going to be making up significant ground, nope GD Merle had the same 2 guys plus Racing Point. Dammit. :beer:

15. merle4

RD,
    even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again

rd49 likes this.
  16. merle4

So are they going to update the drivers before the lockdown or are we to assume it's going to put everyone back where they belong?

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm assuming that the driver names are irrelevant. If you pick the Mercedes driver, you will get Hamilton's points, not Russell's. At least, that's what I'm betting on.

And I just realized yesterday that the money penalty is only 5% for breaking contracts, not the 10% that I thought. I was giving up on the season too early. I'm about to do some firing and take my chances. I'm going down swinging. Bring it, bitches! :D

18. merle4

They updated the drivers. All is as it should be. I'm not overly thrilled with my lineup, but it is what it is. I'm looking forward to a F1 race for the first time in a long while. Watch your mirrors Frenchie, DRS is wide open! :crackup:

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I actually came up about $1.5 million short of what I needed. This is going to be rough. :D

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I am strangely not upset by this. :D I have 2 chances, little and none.

merle4 and HPPT like this.