1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 BBS Formula 1 Fantasy Racing League

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I had all 3 mclarens in the preseason. Ive been hard screwed by too many eggs in one basket before, so I switched it up. Fuck.

2. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Contracts starting to come up. Gonna be interesting

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I'm due for a reshuffling this week.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Looks like several players have quit the game.

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yes, think it is just the three of us.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Man I totally missed this... Still open? I won't pick Vettle this year lol

7. Pittenger5

I hope there's more than 3 of us still playing .... since I'm in 4th. I know I'm bad at this stuff, but I cant be that bad!

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

9. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Hanging on out front, Papa's gonna pass me next week methinks

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I doubt it. I am in a two-week transitional period with contracts. My team is not going to be back to where I wanted until the round after this one.

11. Pittenger5

I really hate how changes are locked Monday mornings. Inevitably I check the results, and then almost forget to go back and make changes before the next race.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, question for the half of the field that has quit early: can we get some feedback we can use next year?

I know that one of you only wants to play for cash. :D

How about the others? Did you forget to set up your team? Did you just not like the game we are using this year? Are you one of those people who quit when they can't win? :D

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I don't think the set it and forget it style (unless hail Mary switch up) is engaging enough. I watch all the practices, quallies and races religiously.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am not sure I understand. You can make picks for anywhere from 1 to 5 races. You can't set up a team and forget it for the season.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You mean you can change your line up five times per season? Hmmmm...I thought it was like last year(s?) where you set it up and prayed, and if your prayers weren't answered you went for the nuclear option.

In any case, I like how the guys did it for MotoGP, where you are looking at it every race, more engaging. But maybe others don't. If people don't want to play for real money, we could make up a currency. Like playing poker with chips. Call them Thiam Francs or whatever...

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You can change your lineup every race with no penalty. You just have to sign one-race contracts. So you can change your team up to 20 times (or however many races there are) if you want to. But at a minimum, you will have to change every five races, as that's the longest contracts you can sign.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that's in the game rules. :D

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well I tried to set up a team this morning and it said input not valid. I'm pretty sure I know how to spell my name and email address and have Alo centric login and PW. Argh! Anyway, looking forward to race, calling Hamilton, Bottas and Checo.

Hopefully I will resolve my picnic issue before Mugello next week lol.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is it possible that you ran out of email addresses with your multiple teams?