1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 WorldSBK Silly Season - You've Got To Be Kidding Me...

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shouldn't all you must knows be all over JU about the new Suzuki? He was just there and he'll know all about it. :D

SWARM! SWARM! :crackup:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure how much of that was Honda and how much was the marketing department for the series. :D

3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

i dont know. TenKate started as a privateer effort and still mostly is. im pretty sure they had no support in 2004 with Chris V. i kinda think that has continued. Honda seems to be providing $$ help now. But technical help from HRC seems to be lacking.

thats Nakamoto and HRC in the MSMA trying to twist Carmelo's arm. the most recent spat was the ban on winglets. but there is no MSMA in WSBK. im fairly confident that Honda's influence in WSBK, if it exists, has nothing to do with Nakamoto/HRC.

4. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

There is no way Honda will produce a bike that is capable of competing with the current ZX-10. Honda just love to disappoint. The only thing I love about Hondas is the component quality and the ease of riding (friendly chassis) . But now that chassis advantage is no longer a strength as the Kawi and Yamaha are a dream to ride, with the Yamaha having the advantage. Even though I hate Suzuki, I feel their GSXR will be better than the new Blade.

5. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I am not a Honda fan but the new 1000sp2 is kinda nice

6. 418

418 Expert #59

So apparently Melandri is already on the injured list...

7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

He can pull up a chair right next to Hayden. They'll both be fine for the season opener.

8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Wasn't the RC51 designed as a big "fuck you" to Ducati?

I just believe that if HRC wants to get serious, it will. Since we now nothing of the new blade it's kind of hard to make that call don't you think?

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I think Honda got tired of putting millions into getting small performance gain out of a maxed out 750cc V4. They saw how Ducati would bump up displacement as needed when the 750cc bikes started to give them a challenge.

vs

749.....................................:dead:

Plus, 2002 was a killer season between Bayliss and Edwards!!

10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

And the RC 30 and RC 45 were badass...but that grunt out of the corner from the Ducatis trumped them most of the time.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, the RC45 was a donkey cart full of goat shit.

vizsladog likes this.
  12. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

and
    that's being nice. the street bike came with a 16 inch front wheel. it was neutered to like 98hp . I had a customer who had one. it sounded nice but was not fun to ride

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Take that back.

14. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Hell no, any manufacturer that releases compromised frames to the public deserves all the hate it can take.

15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

New to motorcycles?

Google search:

Honda frame recall
    Kawasaki frame recall
    Yamaha frame recall

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So Prospect hates everybody. :crackup:

masshole likes this.
  17. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Correct I hate everybody!

Seriously though, research done and I only hate Suzuki slightly more than the rest.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey maybe he can race a ducati or harley.

19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Not arguing, looking to get educated.

Why did Honda abandon the twin street bike platform then? If Ducati kept getting concessions for the twin, Honda could have used that as well?

Was it more of marketing going back to the inline with the introduction of the RC211V in GP (unit pro-link marketing) or simply that WSBK allowed the 1000CC inlines?

20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

It's a tenuous link between a V-5(RC211V) and an inline 4(CBR). But, I do believe it was a marketing decision that was assisted by the rule change allowing I-4 motors to go to 1,000cc.