1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 WorldSBK Silly Season - You've Got To Be Kidding Me...

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Jesus. Hide yo kids! Hide yo wife! Cud they'd hatin' on err'body up in here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Bro, Chipotle tho?

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm here to help. One of them is pissing for height. The other is pissing for distance. It doesn't matter which is which. They are both standing in a puddle of piss.

masshole and caferace like this.
  4. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I don't know, I'm reading both their posts and all I can picture is Dung Beetle talking to himself in the mirror.

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Is someone going to be someone's Huckleberry?

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Sorry to derail the thread back on topic.

Vandermark is set to leave Honda and replaced by Bradl. Motomatters is stating he is potentially leaving because Vandermark does not believe next years Honda will be competitive, even though it is supposed to be a new bike. Do the factory riders have knowledge of next years bike?

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Even if the bike is all new and significantly different, they may not be able to get it sorted for at least the first half of the year.

8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

He's worried about the new Honda not being competitive? How many podiums/wins does the R1 have again? :D

9. This thread is awesome.

10. How long is Haslam signed for in the BSB?

What are the chances he gets another WSBK ride if he beats Shakey for the BSB championship?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's happened before. Hodgson, for instance. But I don't know if it's happened to anyone who had already spent as much time in WSBK as Haslam. It's not like he didn't have time to show what he got.

12. That is kinda what I was thinking. I mean, he can obviously ride the shit out of a bike. BUT, he had a chance in WSBK on an Aprilia, Honda, BMW and a Suzuki for sure just on my memory. I am probably missing some.

13. caferace

caferace No.

I put a fair bit of it down to bad luck. Either injured or on shaky teams.

-jim

14. The Great One

Well, Ducati has confirmed their lineup of Davies and Midget Marco.

Great for the series in the short term. Melandri will bring some more exposure and (potentially) sponsors to WorldSBK. The bad news is that the team is now likely to fold within the next two years....

2017 Rider Lineup:

Kawasaki Racing Team - Both riders confirmed

Jonathan Rea (2017-2018)
    Tom Sykes (2017-2018)

Aruba.it Racing Ducati: - Both riders confirmed

Chaz Davies (Two Year Factory Contract)
    Marco Melandri

Pata Yamaha: - Guintoli and Lowes both have options for a second year but it seems that they will retain Lowes and let Guintoli go. If so, Van Der Mark is likely to take his place.

Alex Lowes (???)
    Sylvain Guintoli (???)
    Michael van der Mark (???)
    Stefan Bradl (???)
    Cameron Beaubier (Okay, there currently isn't any evidence to support this claim, but I won't lose hope until the team announces their two riders :D)

MV Augusta Reparto Corse - With the company going through financial difficulties, the team will likely cease operations after 2016.

Ten Kate Honda: - Hayden/Ten Kate exercise option for second year of his contract. Van Der Mark rumored to be in talks with Pata Yamaha. If he leaves, Bradl is the "only" other rider they are interested in.

Nicky Hayden (Confirmed for 2017)
    Stefan Bradl (???)

Milwaukee/Shaun Muir Racing - In talks with Aprilia to become their official WSBK team. In that event, it is expected that both of the current riders will lose their seats, with several other names being tossed around. Most of those names are riders that have extensive experience with the Aprilia RSV4.

Eugene Laverty (???)
    Leon Camier (???)
    Sylvain Guintoli (???)
    Davide Giugliano (???)
    Stefan Bradl (???)

Althea BMW - The team signed a two year deal with BMW for 2016-2017. Due to the steady progress with the bike and riders, Althea is seeking to continue with the current riders for 2017. There has been no official announcement yet, however, there are no rumors of the team speaking with other riders.

Jordi Torres
    Markus Reiterberger

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  15. The Great One

The Ten Kate Honda Team has confirmed Effin' Stefan for the 2017 season to ride alongside Nicky Hayden. Rumors have been about that Michael van der Mark is bound for Yamaha, so this announcement makes sense.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2016/Bradl+Joins+Hayden+at+Honda+for+2017

2017 Rider Lineup - Confirmed:

Kawasaki Racing Team

Jonathan Rea (2017-2018)
    Tom Sykes (2017-2018)

Aruba.it Racing Ducati:

Chaz Davies (Two Year Factory Contract)
    Marco Melandri

Ten Kate Honda

Nicky Hayden (2017)
    Stefan Bradl (2017)

2017 Rider Lineup - To Be Announced:

Pata Yamaha: - Guintoli and Lowes both have options for a second year but it seems that they will retain Lowes and let Guintoli go. If so, Van Der Mark is likely to take his place.

Alex Lowes (???)
    Sylvain Guintoli (???)
    Cameron Beaubier (Okay, there currently isn't any evidence to support this claim, but I won't lose hope until the team announces their two riders :D)

MV Augusta Reparto Corse - Team future unknown due to financial difficulties.

Milwaukee/Shaun Muir Racing - In talks with Aprilia to become their official WSBK team. In that event, it is expected that both of the current riders will lose their seats, with several other names being tossed around. Most of those names are riders that have extensive experience with the Aprilia RSV4.

Eugene Laverty (???)
    Leon Camier (???)
    Sylvain Guintoli (???)
    Davide Giugliano (???)

Althea BMW - The team signed a two year deal with BMW for 2016-2017. Due to the steady progress with the bike and riders, Althea is seeking to continue with the current riders for 2017. There has been no official announcement yet, however, there are no rumors of the team speaking with other riders.

Jordi Torres
    Markus Reiterberger

16. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Cool. I like bradl

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I think it has to be along the same lines as Rea leaving Honda. Promised a MotoGP ride, but when it comes time to follow through, nothing...

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Is Crescent and Denning going to be running the Yamaha program again next year?

stk0308 likes this.
  20. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

No ongoing chatter of any change happening. Been a tough few years for the team. I think bringing VDM in will help boost results, or costs for crash damage. Could go either way.