1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Well, it is close to mine. :D

Motor build, brakes, rearsets, levers, etc is all the same. I don't think his has Marchesinis though.

2. Not a worry. Brian is the same way I am when it comes to stuff being clean and in order. That's why I like him taking care of my bikes.

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

So it IS different.

And imagine yourself on the track, at speed, battling...wondering if those wheels feel different or if you just THINK it feels different...and then...

Hey squirrel!!!!

:D

4. Haha. Damnit.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working on it but holidays have messed up talking to people.

6. Bburns912

Bburns912 Well-Known Member

Any updates on the rest of the schedule?

WANABE RACER likes this.
  7. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

I am eagerly waiting on the NC schedule. From the google calendar, it looks like 3 Grattan rounds so far.

8. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

You figured out which rounds will be DH in the southest yet Im trying to schedule off work!!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Still trying to get the dates themselves done. The DH stuff has to encompass more than just one region because it factors in Vintage as well.

On the one more sorted end of things - we're adding Vegas April 2-3 for WERA West.

10. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

I know the schedule is not finished but was curious as to when of you think the first Vintage Event might be? I understand anything can change, just a guess from exeperience would be fine. Thanks

11. ICEMAN43

ICEMAN43 New Member

Does anyone? ANYONE? think that national events should only be held at major tracks not Tally And Roebling?? I love both tracks but when I think of National Challenge I think of Major Landmark tracks!

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Road Atlanta - Check
    Barber - Check
    Mid Ohio - Check
    VIR - Check
    NOLA - Check

NJMP and Road America are the only ones missing on this side of the country. What tracks are you missing?

13. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Man...what happened to the Southeast combined VIR round? I love that place!! May have to race out of region for that one.

14. Bburns912

They don't have a national at vir anymore

15. Bburns912

Road Atlanta
    Barber
    Mid Ohio
    Vir
    Nola
    Pitt race
    Grattan

Then the gnf

Then you've got something special.

Eh it's nice to dream...

16. Hyperdyne

I'll give you Pitt. Hell no to Grattan. Talladega is clser, cheaper, and you get a better draw. Especially if it rains.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. Bburns912

I've never been to grattan. I just think for a true national series. It needs to hit all corners of the map.

ekraft84 and renegade17 like this.
  18. Hyperdyne

Don't disagree with you at all and we have hashed the issue out here many times.

1. New bike sales need to increase about 20 fold.. Like back to early 2000 numbers. Get the contingency machines fired back up.
    2. We have to fill the grids every weekend. That's the only way the series can generate enough revenue to pay for the track rentals.
    3. Fans need to come to the track.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

If *anyone* should not be in favor of a National at Grattan, it's me - given the history of the last National there. But, the National Series should hit the areas that are good pockets for WERA. Picking "the best" tracks is a great idea, just not realistic currently. Put Mid-O, PIRC and Grattan in there - and maybe you get guys from the NC/NE that will travel south to chase the whole series. It's minimal risk IMO, as I stated in other threads.

I don't know enough about Nola, other than some people say it's far. Pick Tally or Roebling instead, whichever is cheaper to rent/gets a better turnout, IMO.

As for #3, I don't think that will ever happen to any significant degree, in any of our near futures.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anyone can go race the event but for a championship I'm trying not to overload the Southeast.