1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 15, 2015.

1. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I don't know how it worked it, I am not the guy writing the check. Looking at WERA Superbike classes they seemed to have a good turn out both days but when looking at the LWT classes they were not represented very well.
    I don't know what the answer. I know most of the track s are in the Southeast but you don't want to risk alienating your other regions or you will push them to other series and then you lose out on that money that could be coming in.

2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

To the guy who thinks getting started iN racing is too complicated (rule book, etc): just simplify it. If you've been doing track days and have a dedicated track bike, it's not all that different. The BIGGEST challenge is making sure you have the proper things safety wired. THAT was my biggest issue. I found the help on the BBS and did my first weekend in '12 at Summit Point. Did a double header, got 4 P1s and won a #1 plate in my regiom for my efforts. Worth every $ and hour.

Dumb down the rulebook to your specific bike and class and ignore the rest. Really it's not that hard.

Carry on...

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As usual I don't remember ever telling you any such things and no I don't do favors for Trautman any more than I've done for you over the years. But as usual your version is the world is against you and favoring someone else so not sure what I can do for you. Actually I am sure, it doesn't matter what I do. So I'll keep working on making the schedule the best I can for WERA as a whole and go from there without concern for any one specific rider.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did it a couple of times last year and no, not so much.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes.

WANABE RACER likes this.
  6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015 VFR#52 said: ↑

May 1 2015
    Mongo why did you grid V8 with the V7 guys if you want us to race up a class?
    Kind of hard to do that.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V6

Mongo Reply may 2 2015
    Who said I want you to race up a class?

Either way, I did the race order for the safest combination I could think of. There are plenty of other classes the V7 machines can ride up to for more time and the V7 riders don't do those so that wasn't really a factor I considered.

This is your quote. I also ask you in person.

Now I simply ask if you are going to move V8 MW off grid as same time as V7 HW.
    As of this yr half way during the season V8 MW was moved into its own race up North, I even pointed this out on board, Fact.
    Yep I want equal treatment. something wrong with this? You bring up JT. What does he have to do with anything?
    No one hardly ran it in my region and its a VINTAGE bump up. I was unable to because it is on grid same time
    I proved my point on points. You don't like my ideals so be it. Hammond would have been Champion on my points system and he would have deserved it.
    He was fastest that day. I guess proving to anyone and every body that im willing to drive and try to bring more vintage racers is just a bad ideal to you.
    We disagreed on some things. Ok not a problem. But the cold hard facts are things changed halfway through the season. And it wasn't till after that did WERA move V8MW out off grid with V7 HW in mine or anyone else's region.. Just look at date. But its just me thinking whole world is against me.
    Now I am planning on running both V7 classes and 1 V8 MW. I am just making sure it stays the same. And if you are looking at last yrs turn out in class you may go back to old grids. Not hard to understand. So I put my request in here. Thanks

Steven Isenhower #52

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

But, but... I'm me! :D

8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Too late for that

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yup.

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Sean

Is something after/during Vintage days @ Mid O still on drawing board?

Thanks

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Any chance of a team challenge style race this year?

12. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Is there a time frame as to when the national schedule will be up? I got to put in vacation soon. Obviously, I'll spend it at the track. :)

13. This.

Please.

This.

dsmitty37 likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who you gonna share a bike with?

15. Either Eddie or Livengood.

Livengood has been wanting me to do some CCS racing so we can do the team challenge. His R6 is identical to mine, inside and out.

ekraft84 likes this.
  16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I told him he could ride my RD400. Chris needs to get on a rickety ass vintage bike. I want to see the whites of his eyes:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. :D

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You could accomplish that by sneezing on his bike...

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You realize this is actually impossible right? :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bull. It's all theoretical right now. When it's go-time and you realize you can't clean the bike before taking over from a teammate, it'll be the end of that experiment.

TSC_113 likes this.