1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Rules

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 20, 2013.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

A couple of SV's were in the 17's. Punks were running 19's the race before, so I could keep them in sight.

2. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Öhlins forks/shock, carbon fiber fenders/radiator vents/dash shroud, Brembo 4 pad calipers, rear subframe is monoposto. Also, has Öhlins steering damper, OZ forged aluminum wheels. 2003 models received close ratio transmissions.

Thanks!

Edit: Consider allowing the Aprilia SL1000 Falco. Essentially a lower spec Mille with different frame/swingarm, higher bars and a street fighter look. Can also be upgraded with Mille forks, shock/swingarm and forged wheels.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No R, Falco is fine but still limited to SS rules so no upgrading to Mille stuff. This is still V7 and I'm not doing this to give you a class to be competitive in, merely a place to run where you're not too slow.

4. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Thanks!

One more thing I forgot. The early Tuono's were spec Milles with handlebars and different fairings. I'll have to check on the model years to verify when they went to larger TB's. Be right back...

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'll be all three of the models - 00-03. That shouldn't mess anything up.

6. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Ideal. There are a lot of these bikes out there at good prices to get someone started in racing. I'll post this thread up over on the Aprilia forum.

7. Hey Mongo, I know the schedule is really packed and you obviously do the best you can. But with the 675's becoming more and more popular, might want to try thinking of a way to adjust the schedule so HWT-SS and C-SB Novice aren't in the same race.

That would give the Novices on 675's an additional race they could enter. They could do both C races and both HWT races and be able to do 4 separate races.

Im not sure how it could be done, because the 675 is legal (and competitive) in both C's, both B's and both HWT's (which is why i like them). The easiest way would be to combine C-SB Ex and Nov, which would remove the C-SB Nov race from the HWTSS race, but usually the C grids are too big for that (thankfully).

It doesn't affect me because the Expert races are already split up for the 675's (which is awesome), but there are more and more 675's hitting the grid all the time and the Novices are limited due to the scheduling.

Just throwing it out there. :)

8. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

9. Oh shit, i do have an idea.

This is how the schedule reads now:

10) C Superbike Ex
    11) C Superbike Nv, HWT SS Ex & Nv

How about spitting the HWT-SS Ex and Nov? That would give the Novices an extra race on the 675, but wouldn't take away a race from the Experts on the 675.

It could look like this:

10) C Superbike Ex, HWT-SS Nov
    11) C Superbike Nv, HWT SS Ex

What do you think?

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Putting novices on the same grid as a C SBK grid isn't a good idea. That's the 2nd meat grinder class next to C SS.

11. Unless you haven't noticed, there are several combined Ex and Nov races thoughout the weekend. And we aren't talking about combining C-SB Ex and Nov, we are talking about combining C-SB Ex with HWT-SS Novice.

At the most, there might be 7-10 HWT-SS Nov riders and the ones in the top half of that grid likely won't be caught.

Sure, the front runners of the C-SB Ex's might catch the last few Nov's of the HWT grid by the end of the race, but at the most we are talking about them having to pass 2-3 lapped riders...which front running C-SB Experts should be more than capable of doing.

That happens many times during the weekend as is. In the HWT-SB race, I almost always end up coming into some V7 or WSS racers towards the end of the race; it isn't an issue.

12. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

<--front running csb ex...

[​IMG]

Actually it probably would work. I just don't want to :crackup: Lappers can help or hurt a race depending on skill.

13. Lappers are a part of every race. Like i said, look up and down the schedule...there are always combined Ex/Nov races.

The B races are often combined and HWT-SS has been combined for as long as i know.

At the most you are talking about maybe having to deal with 1-3 lappers. The HWT-SS Nov grid isn't that big and the guys up at the front typically move along pretty good. It isnt like we are talking about combining C-SB with E-SS. :D

Personally, I think it is a good idea because it gives the Novices an extra race.

As long as the Experts are gridded up front; it shouldnt be an issue.

14. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

No doubt. We catch twin or v7 guys all the time. I just wanted to post grumpy cat :D

15. Hahaha. I kinda figured that :D.

You probably scanned the forum looking for a post you could respond to with "NO".

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

That would probably work but I would not let an SV650 bump up to HWTSS. I think most bumped up to HWTSB anyway.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

675's have something like 10 classes they are legal for. Actually it's easier to count what they aren't legal for. So no. I'm not going to rearrange a working schedule for them.

Not to mention - you're not a novice and what novices are on 675's?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. Now go do your work and leave mine alone :Poke:

19. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

I really don't expect you to change the schedule around for me and my 675. I did want to run in a C classes this year. But, if CSB is stacked into HWTSS and CSS doesn't allow slicks I won't run in either.

I would assume scheduling is difficult as is, and that I am probably an edge case, but Chris is referring to me and any other 675 or 848 novice to take into your consideration.