1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Rules

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, finally doing this (yes I know how bad it is) -

Definites -

SV650's in all classes will be allowed to swap to a 5" or 5.5" rim from GSXR600, F2, F3, F4's. That's it though - no other rims allowed. This should help you find more tire options.

1125R and 1098 in SS trim into B Superbike.

Double bubbles are legal (stupid rule)

2000-03 Mille allowed in V7 HW

F 2-stroke machines allowed in Clubman.

Poosibilities -

Front plate rule might go back to it doesn't have to be centered et al. Tired of enforcing it really and what I have allowed sucks anyway so it's not like they'd be less readable.

2. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Just for note, the GSXR rear wheels are 5.5 inches.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah so are some of the others, fixed it.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I swear, I did a double take on this. Maybe there's hope for peace in the Middle East after all.
    :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I hate DQ'ing some newbie over something so damn stupid. I have also finally given up on my hope that people would realize a simple squeezing of the fairing stays has the exact same effect but is legal AND cheaper. Lowest common denominator and all that :(

6. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

So... since my bike is of the 2004-2006 generation... will it be vintage legal next year? :crackup:

It is an actually a 2006 ... but ...

7. tanks95

tanks95 Well-Known Member

Okay, I've held it long enough. I will probably be banned for this. But, i need to put a face with a name. Mongo (Mr. Clarke), are you the guy that does the race commentary and trophy presentation? Or are you the guy that does the rider meeting (beginning) or the guy that does the flags and start procedures? Or, none of the above?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, I don't have a Vintage class right now newer than the mid 90's sorry.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! None of the above :D

10. tanks95

i knew i should not have left it open-ended. :) I may regret this question also.....

So, where would i see you on a race weekend?

kaiser soze?

11. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I'm blown away... I'm going to miss that silly rule, it was the cause of some really funny bbs reading :D

I would like to see the possibility of offset numbers just because I think it's nice looking... but it's not a huge deal one way or the other. As long as they're legible, I don't really care much.

I know very little about twins, but those bikes into BSK sounds crazy. I really have no reason for thinking that, I don't know how they compare so I'll defer to your awesomeness... just strikes me as odd.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on the weekend. At Roebling I was the fat guy working grids with a cowboy hat on most of the time.

At NOLA I'll be in the tower doing control.

WERA West I'm usually on the computer running timing/scoring.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Twins in with the 750's has been going on for a long long time. This just allows larger bore ones in than the normal 1000cc cutoff but limits their mods compared to the 750's in B Superbike. I know we don't have many true Superbike 750's but they'd be able to easily beat the two models I listed.

14. tanks95

Got it!

thanks

15. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Fair enough... I believe you. I had just never thought much about it. :eek:

16. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

He was the one with the cowboy hat, riding the horse last weekend, on the starting grid. At least I thought so until I got up to pit wall and there was no horse. :D

17. ESmith

ESmith Well-Known Member

I bought a new stock windscreen to put on my bike before last saturday to make it ss legal. F**k! lol

18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Now, about those brembo master cylinders...............

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way, that is an absolute performance advantage. If the stock brakes on your choice of machine have issues while racing, pick another machine. Same as you'd do for being under powered or bad handling or anything else that can be cured by making it a superbike.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Bend the fairing stay...It'll make Mongo feel better. :D