1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Rules

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

If it won't even the field then what's the point? Buy a R6. :P

(shut up Jim)

2. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Does this include the R models?

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Knowing most rules only get created for someone taking shit too far...how did the stock windscreen rule even get started? I could only imagine someone complaining that a windscreen was the reason they lost the race...

4. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

I know this is a no go but, slicks in CSS. Not that this class is suffering from entries, but I am not going to have DOT mounted for one class and it would keep me from entering

If you don't change it, could you possible quit combining CSB with HWT in the sportsman series so I could run a 600 class?

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

as a sv newb how big of a performance difference is there between the gsxr wheel and the stock wheel? and what tires are the best for it?

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

My guess is that the SS rules started as Production rules which were supposed to make the bikes very close to how they came off the showroom floor. Which means...stock "everything"

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Stock motor? 1%

As to the tires , with the 5.0 or 5.5 rim you end up running a 180/55 anything else (Pirelli/Michelin) but Dunlop or Bridgestone. For Dunlop you run the 160 DOT or 165 Slick (since you can run slicks I would run the slicks as it'll last a very long time compared to the dot in this particular case) For Bridgestone I don't know.

Unless you have one of the F wheels laying around, I would only do the GSXR wheel...much much lighter and at 5.5" the proper width for the tires.

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

SV650's allowed to swap to a 5" or 5.5" rim was there really that many SV guys asking for this?

1125R and 1098 in SS trim into B Superbike. Seems reasonable

Double bubbles are legal (stupid rule) also reasonable

2000-03 Mille allowed in V7 HW but no 99-02 R6... COME ON!!!

F 2-stroke machines allowed in Clubman. I don't know what any of that means

9. noles19

sorry by performance i was talking about lean angle and better tire profile like what was talked about earlier in this thread.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Probably just few that race :D

11. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

He answered you. There is very little performer gain going to a larger rear wheel in a SS SV. I bet it would even slow some guys down.

12. noles19

oh ok, when he asked about the engine i figured he was talking about the gsxr wheel spinning up quicker then the stock wheel which was also mentioned earlier.thanks!
    so just to be clear if i was planing on using the bridgestone 165 slick there is no reason to go out and buy the gsxr wheel right?

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

So I will say one thing. I found that running a 160 DOT Dunlop on the 4.5" rim to not work for me. It pinched the tire and when leaning over it ended up falling over and I did not like that one bit.

So going to the 5.5" rim (which is the proper size for this tire) fixed the profile and made it consistent which I liked.

So for me the tire profile change was much much more than 1%.

But if you are having issues due to the tire profile on the 4.5" rim because the tire is pinched...it'll be more than 1%. Otherwise, 1%. :)

14. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Nobody can answer that for you. Some people like one way over the other. Unless you try both you will not know which one you would like more.

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

It will spin up faster.....but the amount is so little as the SS SV motor doesn't spin up that fast to begin with.

As to the Bridgestone on a 5.5" wheel...I would talk to Stickboy and get his opinion.

16. Tristan

OH SNAP! I stopped drinking the SV Koolaid after 6 of them... still race occasionally (not as occasionally as I'd like...)

17. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You went through 6 SV's? How on earth? Just chasing contingency?

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

FWIW, Tyler ran a Bridgestone 165 slick when we ran a SV with a F3 wheel. He set a few track records with that setup. I considered trying the larger rim and tire, but Tige from Cycle Mall said not to bother, as the current setup was working well for him.

19. Tristan

had 2 G1's, the rest G2's. Went thru cycles of: buy 3 of everything SV related, blow up a motor or 2, swear them off and sell everything, repeat. Was convinced I'd be the 1 in 20 guys that could go a lot faster on a 600 (I'm not). Now planning on racing the CBR250 and doing some MW endurance.

20. 392

392 Well-Known Member

Can someone have the stock r6 master cyclinder on the GSXR in the CSS classes?