1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Kid Youth Series begins planning

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by RepliChallenge, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! I understand you didn't, but the bike if it's available would be a good fit with the 250 from the looks of it so it's a good idea.

I'll do some more research and go from there.

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Interesting, looks like I was underestimating the little Ape in regards to the Ninjas. I wonder what the current 250 riders think. That would also give the Ape 2 classes to run in. Being allowed in the 250 class opens up a WHOLE NEW world, as that's a very heavily packed grid lots of weekends. Lots of great experience to be had in that class.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The 250's I'm talking about are the Ninja 250's. The lil ape can't hang with a good mini but it should be okay with the Baby Ninja.

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

That's what I'm talking about, the Ninja 250 class.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, got confused with underestimating and Ninja 250 being in the same sentence :D

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

ROFL. I was underestimating the Aprilia. If good race tires are available, then maybe it'll be a viable option.

7. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Big If...

Non DOT tires that match front and rear are rare and usually special order...but maybe I'm just cheap...enough cash could produce my funky 110/70/17 and matching 150/60/17.

Thanks for the feedback guys....maybe I'll bounce the idea off the Ninja guys at GNF...we'll see.:beer:

8. Eric,

Got it, I dont know anything. Your right, and your right.

I will just take my experience and go elsewhere, and let you show the world how to develop a future champion:bow:, sorry to get in your way. What the heck do I know about working with different kids, (that arent my own kids) and spending a truckload:wow: of money to do it, in 4 different countries.

My mistake, sorry I tried to share my experience for the greater majority:cool:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  9. Trick Question:

Who is the person responsible for 125GP racing in America?

If you dont know the answer to this question, then you dont have any idea what is going on here.

10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

11. Person Steve, person.......Honda is a company.

Anyone? Anyone know the answer?

12. edgefinder

edgefinder Well-Known Member

Audrey at Moto Liberty.

13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

14. Edgefinder is an educated man....! Yes she did, the queen of GP I've always called her. She sold me my first bike in 1992, a 1989 RS125.

15. edgefinder

edgefinder Well-Known Member

The only reason Polen and a thousand other real fast guys rode 500 interceptors was because they were cheap and they paid $500 to win. They sold a shit load of em. Its too bad the Aprilia isn't street legal, $3995 and they paid $500 to win. Without that its a killer bike but will be a dud in the US.

I feel sory for Aprilia getting forked by the AMA banning twins when the 450-550 came out. I heard about the bike long before the rule change. The RS250 is a classic motorcycle. I thnk Aprilia's missing the boat not building an RSV500 and offering contingency money. Kids would love that.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sams contacts in Japan got the bikes but I like Audrey better :D