1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Kid Youth Series begins planning

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by RepliChallenge, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Steve,

No one is saying the USGPRU is not a good thing. What were talking about is WHY this idea is a great idea. You dont think it is, your opinion is heard. But how about stating WHY you think its not a good idea, tell us the things you feel make it not viable, other then the USGPRU is amazing.

Discussions are for discussing., not just saying "because", and then shutting up.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. Coke in can

Coke in can Banned

Put some money behind it frank. as others have said, field some bikes, don't stand around and beg people to participate.

3. bobby lewis

bobby lewis Well-Known Member

aprilia challenge

imo people want to race where there are large grids. put 6 or 10 of them out there and get this thing jump started. i think it is a good idea but if you talk the talk then walk the walk. bobby l

4. Gentlemen,

No one is saying you have to attend, no one is even asking you if you will attend. Begging is not anything we even do. I will go racing, wether this class takes off or not. We already have our Aprilia RSW in Germany for 2010, spanish CEV.
    This is simply a great chance to enspire those who cant afford a $100k GP bike right now, a chance to get their feet wet, get some seat time in place, and then be Aprilia experienced before they go over the pond.
    How many US kid riders are riding Hondas in Spain or World GP right now?

Do you think you have a better chance of your kid getting picked up from an Aprilia based ( Derbi, Gilera, Aprilia over there) team, when hes been riding Honda or Yamaha, or riding Aprilia ( street or otherwise).......?

Honda is NO where to be seen in 125, and they wont be for a few years at least.

Grooming a rider is not just about going for big contingency, its about making the right political moves with his career as well.

Lascia per andare parlano la lingua, se si desidera riprodurre i signori del gioco.

Le permite ir a hablar el idioma si quieren jugar el juego seƱores.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I would think that if your aspirations are rising up thru the ranks, you would want a bike that was at least faster than an 85 motard! You cannot convince me those watching our riders here looking for CEV or up riders would give any care at all what they learned on, RS/TZ/RSW whatever.
    The Aprilia is heavy, slow, and BIG compared to current equipment these kids are now riding. And the low cost doesn't fly as you can get a very nice RS for less than $5000. OR and MD where you can at least make some money back on your investment.
    WERA and (cough cough) CCS, as well as USGPRU have fine grassroots programs currently. Instead of wasting your time with this new program, why not support one that already exists? Maybe I am really stupid, but I just don't get it!! JMO Tdub

6. Tdub,

Okay, got it.

So your negatives are that the bike is Heavy, slow, and BIG?

What about positives, I guess you dont see any then?

Half the cost of a new MDH?
    a tenth the cost of a rebuild of an MDH?
    As quick ( with a good rider) as a mini 85.
    Pretty much ZERO maintenance for the NEW dad in the sport.
    The ability for more riders on any given weekend on the same bike?Different classes?
    Cheaper racing, more seat time, less mechanical hassle......these must be worth something, no?

People all thought Henry Ford was a nut when he talked about a "car", horse and carriage was working just fine they said.....

Think OUTSIDE the box, thats all Im proposing, and trying to get you all to look at...:Poke:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  7. Coke in can

Coke in can Banned

so you're going to race your ex motogp 125 vs these street 125's? yea..that makes a LOT of sense...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're not thinking outside of the box. Same old idea wrapped in new ribbons. There are kids classes. Now tell me why YOUR idea is better than what we already do? What is the benefit to the kids over what already happens?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh by the way, telling the boss I'm a meany online isn't telling her anything new :D

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

:up:Tdub

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  11. Alright, Lets break this down to simplicity:

WHAT would you guys need to see, to make your minds get off the stuck, fixed point, they are currently sitting in, and cause you to consider another IDEA for youth roadracing?

In other words, what EXACtly would you need to see proposed to consider a NEW idea?

Balls in your court now.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, the ball is still in your court. Why is this "series" necessary? What would it provide that the current multiple youth series do not?

You really need to work on your stroke, so far you're just not clearing the net...

13. I did NOT say it was necessary Sean, I simply asked WHAT would it take you for guys to consider it a valid idea....???

So I will repeat the question........

Alright, Lets break this down to simplicity:

WHAT would you guys need to see, to make your minds get off the stuck, fixed point, they are currently sitting in, and cause you to consider another IDEA for youth roadracing?

In other words, what EXACtly would you need to see proposed to consider a NEW idea?

Balls in your court now.

Im not interested in stroke Sean....Im interested in effective.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  14. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

What exactly is this "NEW" idea??? The only thing I see different is using a different bike. Last year's program failed with CCS, which already has 2 solid 125 programs with contingency. Now you are pursuing a program with WERA that has an MD and 125GP w/contingency, and mini program. IMO if you are looking for ANOTHER youth program, you need to prove that it is better in all aspects than what is already offered. I don't see that.
    Then there is USGPRU, where 17 of the top 20 riders are ages 12-15 years old! I seriously do not think there is room for another youth program. And again I suggest concentrating your efforts to an existing program would make alot more sense. JMO Tdub

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why won't you answer my question Frank?

I didn't ask you to come up with more questions. I would like mine answered.

I have answered yours by the way - what would it take for me to consider a NEW idea? Well first I'd need to see a new idea. At that point I'll gladly consider it. Do you have a NEW idea?

Now answer my question please.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Frank, read through everything you sent Evelyne and my question is still the same.

17. Sean,

I dont want to come across as an ass here but can you NOT read? Or are you just simply choosing to NOT compare the obvious.

Please show me evidence of a Bare bones start up cost class, that is also then "cost controlled" on what can be done to the equipment. Oh and most importantly is 2-stroke, not 4 stroke.

If you want new mate, that alone gives it "new" status........But then again, Im not HRC paying you big money to pimp the class, so maybe thats the real problem?.....

and if so, I understand, business is business. You have so many races and so much time per weekend, and you want to make sure you get the best bang for your buck as well. Nothing wrong with that, just fess up and be direct about it, dont banter back and forth on the forums.

Evelyn did mention that the reason you guys havent worked with the USGPRU is because they were "demanding to much of our precious track time, in relation to what they brought to the table", so your "resistance" to this idea makes more sense to me.

if it works, fine, if it doesnt, fine. Just shoot straight about it.

http://www.replicastchallenge.com/

18. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

too late...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of your "reasons" aren't making any sense from any perspective. They do not answer my question - why is this class needed? What void is it going to fill that isn't being filled by other classes we already run?

Nice attempt at deflection but I freely admit the USGPRU stuff didn't bring in enough money for the amount of work it took - which took us away from the customers who actually paid the bills for every one of those weekends. So yeah, we're horrible at our business because we want to take care of our customers.

As for the HRC thing - I think our end of it $750 as an administration fee which is $75 per event. Big money huh?

I am shooting straight Frank, and that seems to be what is pissing you off for some reason. If you want to have WERA run a race for you then you have to explain to us why your idea is better than what we're currently doing. So far you've said a lot of stuff that doesn't answer that question. It didn't answer it last year. So far no one other than you thinks it's a viable idea - ever wonder why that is?