1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 HRC 4 stroke now available!!

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by infinityreplica, Mar 14, 2007.

1. supercracker

supercracker Member

I'd way rather have an aprilia than a honda. Even if it does have an extra zero on the price tag.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it be a replacement for the 250 and not the 125. I'm just too damn big for a 125.

2. ecumike

ecumike Relocated Yankee

Supercracker.. you are on crack. Where does it say this is a HRC bike?
    Where does it say this is in production?
    For all we know, this could be a prototype bike that's not coming out till 2011.

3. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

But you didnt answer his question about if the USGPRU folk will allow it as a Real GP bike Mike.....what say yee??? Enquiring minds want to know......:Poke:

ALso heres a post form HRC USA last summer......

Now taking deposits for early release 2007 RS125/250

Contact Kevin Dunn at [email protected] for further details.

Recent information from Honda has alerted us that HRC will be producing a all new updated 2007 model RS125/250 due out late Summer of 2006. Unfortunately we cannot absolute guarantee this due to HRC's past history, but we are taking deposits at this time and have decided [with your imput-most of our interested parties replied to us that they would rather wait for the all new model] not to bring in any of the carry-over versions from 2004 lineage. No technical specifications are available at this time. $500 deposit is required to hold a unit. [Refundable if HRC does not provide].

Looks like an all NEW updated 125 to me......you decide for yourself though...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  4. supercracker

supercracker Member

See title of thread!

5. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

Supercracker.. Title of thread was from Frank.. As mike noted.. Show me a picture of the bike in a Honda Facility or any documentation that it is produced by Honda or even a partner company. I find it hard to believe that Honda would just stuff a motor in a 125 chassis. This is what that is. I am not knocking it but this is not HRC stuff. But I guess we will see.

6. infinityreplica

Yeah super crack.....Frank is KNOWN by all to be a BIG fat liar about just about everything he says......:moon:

7. ecumike

ecumike Relocated Yankee

LMAO. I hope you're kidding. You really believe everything you read on the interwebs? I heard Yamaha is making a 550 stuffed into the TZ125 frame due out fall 2007.

Maybe you aren't aware of this but Frank doesn't work for HRC. :)

Hey Frank, I don't care who posted this info... I still wouldn't believe it until I saw it on HRC's Web site, or RSC taking orders with a ship date.

As for the USGPRU.. that's not my call, but IIRC Stu said when they (HRC) produce the bike and are available for us to purchase, they'll be allowed.

8. Sunny

Sunny Banned

I am sure it's all rumors............I haven't been able to even find one related story on Yahoo Japan! And there is nothing on Honda's own site...........

9. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

:wow: I know this is gonna sound realy retarded.... but my friends parents Just got back from japan a couple of months ago and they brought him some magazines, one with a rider on a bike just like this. I would guess it's legit and they are gonna produce it (cant confirm because I can't read Japanese :D )

10. hammy56

hammy56 Member

it'll probably be a pile of shit that blows up all the time $$$...:moon: seriously thou, high perf 4 strk mx bikes need serious looking after and arent real cheap...I know, Ive had and raced a few...

11. 2SMOKE

2SMOKE Member

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

$8,942.070 USD at today's rate.

13. infinityreplica

Produced by HARC and who owns HARC..???? Production R&D Division of HRC........for those that didnt know it......

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  14. Jesse Davis

Jesse Davis Well-Known Member

meh. copycats.

15. Rob B

Rob B Active Member

I live in Japan and the bike is real. I first saw it in early February. This weekend I'll scan the magazine page and post it.

16. nicoloff

nicoloff Well-Known Member

I believe Shigeki Honda owns Harc-Pro

17. sbrokerboy

sbrokerboy Well-Known Member

Even if it is legit, I would wait a couple of years as the 4 stroke motors are not reliable yet. The new Aprilia 450/550 are overheating, the Honda 450's are dropping valves after a short amount of time. The Supermoto teams are tearing down their 4 stroke motors about every 40-50 hours of use, Me I'll stick with the 2 smokes for a while longer, maybe "old" tech but it works. I was looking at the specs, and it weighs 189 lbs, that is 35 more pounds than my Aprilia and probably 40-45 more than a New GP bike. I would be interested in seeing how much HP it puts out as the GP 125's are putting out about 60 and a well tuned 450 puts out only about 60 hp. So it prpbably comes in around 40-45 on a good day. Sadly it is the wave of the future and eventually I guess I will have to learn how to set valve clearance.

Worst part is that we won't be smelling A747 at 7:00 in the morning!!!!

18. infinityreplica

Ahh yes...the resistance is strong on this one.......die hard 2 strokes do just that DIE HARD!!!!LOL.....guys (and any gals) it is the future, its not perfect, (yet) but Im willing to bet, that a good rider will ride the bike faster then he would a 2 stroke (even if the horspower is less) as the linear power curve of the 4 stroke engine will give the rider more room for mistakes.......( and that is why the factories all went to 4 stroke in the Premier class.......I think many of us forget that the premier class changed to 4 stroke primarily because of Honda....Honda is the majority of bikes on the grid in the MotoGP class,....they carry a lot more weight then any other Factory at this time....lets face it MotoGP is the Class to watch....and when Honda decides to change the 125/250......they will.....its already started IMHO...

19. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

i'll be sad when there are no more two strokes other than "vintage" bikes. This is all fukin Al Gore's fault

20. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

What ever happened to the DI and SDI clean two stroke technology? It is a shame that Honda has not applied its engineering prowess in this direction.