1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 HRC 4 stroke now available!!

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by infinityreplica, Mar 14, 2007.

1. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Hahahaha! I'm just harassin' ya. I'm not a 2-stroke guy mainly because I know I'd just seize the crap out of the engines. I lug 'em down low too much...the result of alot of seat time on XR600's. ;)

I will freely admit to being in lust with the GP chassis and suspension components, though!

Speaking of which, if anyone has any late 80's TZ250 wheels they want to be rid of, let me know. I am buying an old school XT550 based formula single and want to get some lighter wheels on it. I'm thinking a 3.0" - 3.5" front rim and a 4.0" - 4.5" rear. I am very open to one of the 18" rears since Stickboy is still supplying the 150/60R18 BT090 and 150/635R18 slick.

For the moment I'll be making a FZR600 front rim and a FZR400 rear rim work so there is no rush.

Keep enjoyin' your blue smoke 2 strokes! :beer:

2. steveyb

steveyb New Member

I couldn't be bothered reading all the replies so maybe someone has already said something. This bike I think is a Moriwaki MRH250. It is a prototype bike, but orders being taken. Unique chassis with RS125 swingarm and bodywork.
    Honda CRF250 motor all tricked up.
    Seen this last weekend at Australia MotoGP. Price $14K AUD.

Word on the street is that Honda and Yamaha want a 250 single to replace the 125 class and a 500 twin to replace the 250 class. But all other interested parties are thinking 200 twin and 400 four cylinder, ie two 200 twins stuck together.
    Harald Bartol thinks that a single will be too slow and too expensive to make and run for non-factory teams.
    The Morwiwaki seems to be the first step in this direction for Honda.

Later

SteveyB

3. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

4. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

5. Dreamah

Dreamah Member

G'day Guys,

Ive been looking at these things ever since i heard about them a few months back, Ive been speaking to some of the guys from Honda Aus pretty often and now that they have annouced that they are actually going to be coming into the country in Jan (Not to mention the one thats already arrived for honda Australia's testing) Im seriously considering putting my name down for one.

The only thing that worring me is, the CRF250x motor is basicly like the CRF250R motor which is a MX designed motor so the revs are off and on all the time, So its not really designed to be held flat out for 70% of a race track.

Ive been hearing mixed emotions about the bike some say it will be "The go" others saying it just a time bomb, And its easier just to stick to 2 stroke.. As it will be cheaper and easier to rebuild etc.

Im really interested to see what thinks about the bike,
    here are some pictures from Teknik Honda's race tent at the Moto-GP at Phillip Island a few weeks ago

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2008_Bikes/Honda/Moriwaki/Gallery_Moriwaki/

Cheers Dreamah,

6. adamysr

adamysr Well-Known Member

are u saying they are coming to the USA ?? I know they will in AU. I spoke ( and sanfret did also ) to the only moriwaki importer in the US, they said they have no plans of importing these bikes at this time ( which was acouple of months ago ) since there isnt a market for them here in the US, but that could have changed by now who knows.

And as far as the 250f motor being a " time bomb" or what ever..... i dont know if thats true. I know someone persanlly who swapped a 250f motor in his 98 rs125 chassi and he hasnt had any problems with it. Heres something else to, these bikes were biult for the gp mono class (which has been around for acouple of years now) that races in japan with the japanese superbike series. Basically the gp mono class is growing big time in japan and before these bikes came out everyone was swapping the 125 motors for the 250f motors. So now they have an option of just buying these bikes already setup instead of swapping the 125 motor out.

Ive talked to nobi iso ( usgpru 125cc champ) who also races in japan sometimes, and he said the biggest issue that the 250f motors that people have are the pistons. His friend races the gp mono class and they drop a new piston and rings in before every race weekend to be safe. But im sure those motors are pretty biult to so, i wouldnt think u would have to do that if u kept the motor stock.....

7. Dreamah

Dreamah Member

G'day Adam,

I have heard a little aboutn the GP mono Class, seen a fair few pics of the bikes in action too and even a movie on youtube they seem very quick.
    And as you said you wouldnt think that they would be anywhere near as much maintenence as the 2 bangers. With the pistons I know alot of guys that are running CRF250's and before each big race meet they are wacking new piston's in and Rings, they say apart from that you dont have to touch anything else, Thats the only doubt I have about these bikes And as you said the guy you know wouldnt be running stock motors and they are running in a national series so wacking a new piston in before a weekend isnt un-common from any 125 compeditor in a national series.

Back to the bikes hitting the US, I was Told by some one from Moriwaki japan (As I gave them a bell a month or go now) They told me that they were sending a bike to the US for a Honda race team or something along those lines to do some testing, pretty much the same as what has happend over here with Honda Australia testing the first one to hit the country. And from there the annoucement was made over here that one was in the country and op display at MotoGP Phillip Island a few weeks back which it was, Then last week I was told the bike will be getting tested in November. So I would think you guys would have got one before we did unless something has changed?

Thanks for the reply mate,

Regards Blair