1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 in 68 kids today....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Aug 6, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Having your fingernails removed with an angle grinder is more fun that that one

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm intrigued. Tell me more. Can't stand reading on the bright computer screen.

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm not agreeing with anyone on this discussion BUT, in the first 22 years of my life the only inoculations that I had was for polio and mumps. I did manage to catch every other disease and, since, as far as I know, I'm older that all you mofos out there I turned out ok. The only disease that I've never had are the Collywobbles. (That's an advanced stage of the Mocus in which one has a paper thin film form over their ass and they die with a shitty look on their face.)
    I think Dern has it now. :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not agreeing with anyone on this discussion

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fucking vaccines are WORTHLESS!!! :mad:

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Slackers I just spent 4 hours protecting all y'all from certain annihilation

7. sheepofblue

Not sure you should be held up as the standard of 'OK'

kangasj likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Your strategery for world domination needs a bit of revising. :Poke:

sheepofblue likes this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe another place we should be looking is the source of these disease outbreaks.
    If everyone was vaccinated as children, where are these eradicated diseases coming from?
    Maybe we should identify and remove these new disease vectors.

Btw, as far as vaccine safety, this is just one vaccine.

The information below about side effects of Hib and smallpox vaccination is from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Hib Vaccine Side Effects
    • Redness, warmth, or swelling where the shot was given (up to 1 out of 4 children)
    • Fever over 101°F (up to 1 out of 20 children)
    No serious side effects have been related to the Hib vaccine.

Smallpox (Vaccinia) Vaccine Side Effects
    Mild to Moderate Problems
    • Mild rash, lasting 2-4 days.
    • Swelling and tenderness of lymph nodes, lasting 2-4 weeks after the blister has healed.
    • Fever of over 100°F (about 70% of children, 17% of adults) or over 102°F (about 15%-20% of children, under 2% of adults).
    • Secondary blister elsewhere on the body (about 1 per 1,900).
    Moderate to Severe Problems
    • Serious eye infection, or loss of vision, due to spread of vaccine virus to the eye.
    • Rash on entire body (as many as 1 per 4,000).
    • Severe rash on people with eczema (as many as 1 per 26,000).
    • Encephalitis (severe brain reaction), which can lead to permanent brain damage (as many as 1 per 83,000).
    • Severe infection beginning at the vaccination site (as many as 1 per 667,000, mostly in people with weakened immune systems).
    • Death (1-2 per million, mostly in people with weakened immune systems).
    For every million people vaccinated for smallpox, between 14 and 52 could have a life-threatening reaction to smallpox vaccine.

Keep in mind that there are no long-term studies of the effects of many vaccines.
    There is no need to do normal due diligence when the industry is protected from any negative consequences, is there?

If someone is injured by a medication in the United States, the normal channel for compensation is to sue the manufacturer. If found guilty, the manufacturer pays the damages, and if enough suits are brought against them, the medication they might be recalled, more safety tests might be required, manufacturing might be stopped, etc.

When someone is vaccine injured, they are not able to sue the manufacturer. Instead, they must make a claim with the NVICP. If the NVICP determines that the person was indeed injured by a vaccine, the damages are paid by the tax funded Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund (not the vaccine manufacturer).

Manufacturers are not required to disclose any information with the public that they would have to disclose if they case went to trial. Therefore, many safety concerns are not revealed, and vaccine manufacturers are not held accountable for damages.

There are many opinions on the safety/harm of vaccinations and I wouldn't hang my hat on a few studies

Autism and the Vaccine Debate

Are Too Many Vaccines Destroying Kids' Immune Systems?

Please pardon me if I don't believe everything the government says.

10. sheepofblue

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I think we need to have tests prior to giving kids vaccines.

The kids have to pass an IQ test, a common sense evaluation, and a psychological/temperament evaluation.

Parents have to pass the same plus a parenting skills evaluation.

No pass, no shot, kids die.

Darwin!!!!!!!!!

badmoon692008 and Banditracer like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue if it exists but I do have iBooks on the Mac so guessing there is some Kindle app as well.

Didn't get a chance to look yesterday, I'll do so now.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gotta love downloading something and realizing you already have it installed :crackup:

If anyone cares Kindle on the mac is the same basic setup as on the iPad.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks. So, does it manage the screen lighting for you? I don't know what it looks like on an iPad either.

p.s. Nevermind, it looks like I downloaded it while trying to find a little more information. Might as well run it and see.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Is Jenny McCarthy a member here? I heard she did all of the research and it's totally true you guys.

The amount of scientific information/data/studies you have to ignore just to have this discussion in your own head is beyond belief. As for the whole "follow the money" nonsense - that's how we ended up with the MMR/Autism myth.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/04/four-vaccine-myths-and-where-they-came

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, you can change the color scheme (I like the sepia, seems less taxing) and the brightness levels.

18. sheepofblue

Yep, also for iPad and you can use the web app also.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have it on the iPad. Finally realized how many free books come with Prime which has seriously helped my monthly charges from iBooks :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Where do I get a free book, any kind, to try the software? I don't have Prime.