1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, it's some day, maybe Friday! What ya listening to? Screw you IYC.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jul 29, 2011.

1. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

The The "Hanky Panky"

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Blacktop Mojo

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The Moody Blues with the London Symphony.

britx303 likes this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the full rich feeling of the sound waves from a symphony. Hearing it is great too but live the feeling is the best… imo…

I’m not a huge Metallica fan but their album with the SF Philharmonic was so good I actually went to see a concert of theirs the next time I was in SF. The Symphony not Metallica :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m back on the Silversun Pickups yet again… I couldn’t make it to their show last month when they were close, but man I really dig their style.

anyone ever heard them?

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I’ve always had a thing for female vocalists. Absolutely LOVE Concrete Blonde.

Was quite surprised after hearing “Lazy Eye” to discover the singer…

[​IMG]

27 and britx303 like this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:crackup:Odd somehow that silversun pickups ended up on my utoob music feed recently. Going by my usual lineup, Al Gores rhythm is way off:D

27 likes this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Yeah and your post was #2027 too… try them out a bit punk master… it’s really good

between the overall shorts talks and now this… telepathy is a bit strong for a couple of dudes that have never met :D

britx303 likes this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

yeah I too love female vocalists… I don’t think I’ve picked them apart yet ;) but… what gets me with Silversun Pickups is their change ups… I love a well structured tempo change… along with their intense vocals changes… the feel of passion of some of their songs is great…no idea which sex is signing what yet… I’ll leave the boner killers to you :D

10. pickled egg

Oh I wasn’t the Al Gore-ism…there’s some funky-ass promotion in the Screw-Toob, for a while it didn’t matter what genre I was playing (and never “logged in”, on different devices on different networks in private browsing mode), I would always get The Cars “Moving in Stereo”.

11. pickled egg

They reminded me of my misspent yoot in the early 90’s college rock scene, so I instantly had some nostalgia when I first heard them. Haven’t dug into them, other than “Substitute” I couldn’t name another of their songs.

What is really funny to me is the blonde child is digging 80’s music, jams out when she’s doing homework or cleaning her room…plus rickrolling her bestie in a musical birthday card yesterday. :crackup:

27 likes this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

they have a singles collection that has Lazy Eye on it and it’s a weaker song of the album and I think it rocks too… Kissing Cousins the opening song is really good with some strings in it… cello and viola maybe…

I just put it on random and keep getting surprised by a “damn that’s great… again…”

glad I now have someone to talk to about them :D thanks man!

kids and their music is a wonderful thing… I love watching them explore and find things they like and develop their own taste and even them playing their own… music is absolutely a joy of life

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

could’ve been “Southern Nights” again… they have to know you love John Denver by now :Poke::p

14. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Prepping stables with Janes Addiction.

15. pickled egg

The youngest sent me a YT link to “Flowers on the Wall” last week. Year or so back she was all about “Gotta Get Paid” by ZZTop.

I’ll play Glen Campbell for her Wednesday when she gets home and see what she thinks. :crackup:

27 likes this.
  16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

You move back to Ireland Cirian?

or you open stables in La Jolla? :D

17. britx303

Yeah it’s been a weird few days with this coincidence stuff :DI’ve known the lazy eye song for a few years. Ugly chick for sure :D

27 likes this.
  18. britx303

Unfortunately utoob is all I’ve got now for searching or playing music through the phone . I was kicked off the family Spotify account :(

19. pickled egg

So the pimp daddy rental for our journey to clear skies has Sirius.

Blonde child found a station playing 90’s college radio.

And not the good stuff, either. :Puke:

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

guess I didn’t know there was bad stuff in the 90s… college radio is where I found all kinds of great bands… Sunny Day Real Estate was one.. Pavement another… even UO I first heard on college radio before just driving to Chicago to see them…

keep us posted on your trip man.. cool memories to make… safe travels and have fun!