1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK 2024: Rea replaces Toprak?!

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Quick6RR

Quick6RR Well-Known Member

Bassani is consistently the top independent rider except for the last few rounds where he has been off his game. Gerloft has stepped up so that’s not helping him much either. But if I were running a team and looking for a younger future career rider to nurture, it would be Bassani out of anyone else.

younglion and koth442 like this.
  2. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

For the most part, I agree.

The *only* thing that gives me pause is (to my knowledge) Bassani has never won a race. Not in WSBK, nor in a feeder class. To me it implies he's got the talent but not the racecraft. Maybe on the factory team he'll get some coaching on racecraft and better help with tire life? Although if his first win comes on a Kawi that would be unbelievably impressive.

sharky nrk likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Bautista can eat pie now.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

6. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Redding is so happy

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Bautista needs to hire a trainer and try to pack on a bunch of muscle. The weight of a rider is a dynamic factor in bike handling. Ballast is not.

SundaySocial and lopitt85 like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, Honda clears Marquez to test the Ducati at Valencia at the end of the season, Kawasaki clears Rea to test the Yamaha at Jerez this week, and Yamaha predictably requires Razgatlioglu to fulfill his contract and not go anywhere near the other way before November. Such good people...

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, that's bullshit.

10. Boman Forklift

The craziest thing about this to me, is I've always thought of Yamaha as one of the more standup companies. Look how they often have events and bring out all the former Yamaha riders. They took Rossi back and kept him on the payroll even when his performance lacked. They supported MA when it was on life support. They continued selling race only R6's when they were no longer street legal in Europe.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Come on, that wasn't out of the business of their hearts. They are in the business of selling bikes.

12. Boman Forklift

C'mon I thought it was so we could keep hearing Uccio's wax on poetically !!!

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

In contrast to hearing them whack off?

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'll close the door and turn on the vent fan.

15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I really wish Kawi would have told Yamaha to pack sand and wait until December for Rea (assuming contract lasted until Dec).

But on the good side, Rea will be on the bike tomorrow.

16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Im a die-hard Yamaha fan and its a douche move on Toprak. Guy has been nothing but a positive ambassador for Yamaha. The entire paddock is starting to test with the new teams. They are acting like children.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I have so much dislike for him from Kawi. Its gonna be a while until I accept this.

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

So weird.

MachineR1 likes this.
  20. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I personally can't wait to see the Arai replica they come out with for Rea!

ToofPic likes this.